Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lunch in Nagoya - Where? 2009/4/27 04:37
Could anyone recommend a good place to go for lunch in Nagoya?
More specificly, we are looking for some places in the Sakae-area that serves traditional Nagoya-dishes like Misokatsu or Tebasaki.

Any help will be highly appreciated....
Thank you very much!
by Th0mas24 (guest)  

misokatsu 2009/4/27 10:41
umm ive been to a japanese restaurant for lunch that serves alot of miso foods such as miso katsu in oasis21. It should be in a corner near the ice cream shop. Not sure if this'll help

cheers
by sonny (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2009/4/27 18:19
Sure its a help, i'll give it a try. (This "ice cream shop", is it a "Baskin31Robbins" or what should i look for?)

Thanks for your help! ;-)
by Th0mas24 (guest) rate this post as useful

baskinrobbin 2009/4/28 22:53
yup thats the ice cream shop. Just browse the restaurants near it and you'll find it(there arent that many)
by sonny (guest) rate this post as useful

A few spots 2009/4/29 07:54
Near Nagoya Station (in the underground mall) there is an excellent Miso Katsu place whose name escapes me. For Tebasaki the ubiquitous Yamachan restaurants are pretty delicious. They are everywhere, all over Sakae and Kanayama as well. If you do go to Yamachan I also advise having their Takyoyaki Gyoza, which is a unique dish with gyoza filling in a Takoyaki batter ball (no octupus included!)
by Grant (guest) rate this post as useful

Department store 2009/4/29 12:50
Hi rise store restaurant level (8 or 9)at the front of nagoya station (opposite Takashimya end)does great Misokatsu: has a pig statue out the front of the restaurant. Also the red miso udon place on the restaurant level of Takashimya (12th?13?) is fabulous: even gives you paper bibs to eat with rather than napkins!!!
by fmj rate this post as useful

Thanks for your advice everyone.... 2009/4/29 19:24
... i really appreciate it. :-)

Everything sounds good, we only have one day in Nagoya though, which is why i want to be sure to go someplace good.

This is a little off-topic, still... We are going to Nagoya-Jo and Osu Kannon Temple, could anyone recommend a garden in Nagoya worth visiting?
by Th0mas24 (guest) rate this post as useful

Noritake 2009/4/29 21:01
not a true garden as such at all but we found the Noritake Garden complex amazing if you are into ceramics
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread