Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tahini sauce in Tokyo 2009/7/7 15:07
Where can I buy Tahinisauce in Tokyo?
by Maya (guest)  

don't know 2009/7/7 20:55
don't know but you can make it extremely easily in about 5 minutes.

Just buy some sesame seeds (every supermarket here has them for around 100yen), put them in a warm/hot frying pan and stir them around until you start to see the oil on them starting to come out a bit then quickly remove them from the pan (they burn extremely easily - be careful).

then just crush the seeds in a suribachi or mortar and pestle. add a bit of olive oil if you like. there's your tahini sauce!
by Winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

hummus 2009/7/7 20:57
if you're trying to make hummus you can also find cans of chickpeas / garbanzo beans in most large/medium sized supermarkets in the canned food section. i've never seen them in a co-op but other bigger stores seem to have them. be careful not to buy mixed beans by accident.
by Winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

hmmm... 2009/7/8 10:05
Hi..Thanks for ur quick recipe..it looks pretty easy..will definitely try it out.
I am thinking of making Pita felafel pockets for the hanabi party at my home.So need it badly..Will try it out before once.
Thanks again
by Maya (guest) rate this post as useful

look for nerigoma 2009/7/8 11:50
In the Chinese food section of many supermarkets you will find jars of "nerigoma", (sesame seed paste) which I have used in hummus before quite successfully- it's pretty much identical to tahini.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread