Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Satou Steak House 2009/7/21 13:57
we are planning to go Satou Steak House on Oct 12, Monday, which happens to be a public holiday.

Is the steakhouse going to be open? Please help. we don't want to make an empty trip to Kichijoji.

Thanks so much
by starwee (guest)  

... 2009/7/21 15:24
The restaurant does not seem to have any closing days during the entire year. It is open from 11:00 to 21:00.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Satou 2009/7/21 16:20
That's good news to hear. Hopefully, we will not get ourselves stuck in a long queue.

I heard the beef balls that are sold below are a MUST TRY!

Is it true?
by starwee rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/23 03:14
Yes the beef ball is worth to try but unless you order a set lunch of over Yen 5,000, don't expect the quality to be good. For prices below thatlevel, you can get better beef quality at Mo-Mo-Paradise(all you can eat at less than Yen 2,000)or most Korean BBQ restaurant, such as the one I tried at Ueno for Yen 2,000 only. It was said that the restaurant used black-fur Japanese cow. It melted inside my mouth and the taste was of course superb.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/23 10:02
"For prices below thatlevel, you can get better beef quality at Mo-Mo-Paradise(all you can eat at less than Yen 2,000)or most Korean BBQ restaurant, such as the one I tried at Ueno for Yen 2,000 only. It was said that the restaurant used black-fur Japanese cow. It melted inside my mouth and the taste was of course superb. ..."

Hi, may i know where is this restaurant u mentioned in Ueno? I will be based in Ueno. So will be good to go try it too!
by starwee rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/23 22:34
Opposite to the Central exit of the Ueno JR Station, you will see the OICITY department store. Beside it is the narrow passage named 上野御徒町中央通. There are shops, restaurants on both sides. Walk straight along this passage for about 5 minutes and you'll see the Korean BBQ restaurant named 燒肉陽山道 on your left hand side. It is at the corner and is comparatively bigger than other restaurants around. More seats are available on the 1st floor. You will find choices of black-fur beef on the menu. Last time I tried the ¥1980 and I was more than satisfied. Of course you can try the higher grade beef for ¥2980 only. Also, the ox-tail soup (white in color) and the deep-fried rolls with seafood or vegetables (チヂミ at ¥1,200) are unforgettable too.

. 2009/7/27 08:15
Can I know what is the operating hours for lunch set menu? Thank you.
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/27 21:32
I believe that menu is good throughout the day. For me, I had dinner there with the said price.

. 2009/7/28 10:53
Hi TW

I read somewhere that the dinner set is JPY 8000, but thanks for your info, at least now I know there is no need to rush for lunch.

... 2009/7/28 20:17
Hi Apple 76,

Just to remind you that the price I mentioned is not a "set". It does not include soup or drinks. In fact, rarely do Korean restaurants offer set meals. The black-fur beef items appear on the lower right hand side of the BIG menu.

Good luck.

. 2009/7/29 12:10
Hi TW

Sorry I meant Satou Steak House! I will be going there after Ghibili Museum.

Thanks anyway :)

Satou beef 2011/5/11 17:25
besides beef, does the satou beef restaurant serves other kind of meat? as not all eat beef

Also, is it difficult to find the shop? in kichi

(is there another branch in tokyo also?)
by Jay Hou rate this post as useful

reply to this thread