Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cirque du Soleil in Japanese only? 2009/11/6 10:32
Is the Cirque du Soleil in Yoyogi and ZED Cirque du Soleil near Disneyland use Japanese all the time? Can a foreigner(w/ Level3 JLPT capability) enjoy watching them?

Thanks!
by guest (guest)  

Corteo rocks! 2009/11/7 03:38

hey..
I have seen ''Corteo'' which is back in Tokyo next to Yoyogi Park. This is a touring show which means that it tours all over the world and now has simply reached Japan. I can highly recommend this show. I've seen 3 different shows of Cirque du Soleil but this one blows you away. The storyline is very strong as opposed to other Cirque Show's where it's more about traditional acrobatics. It's a highly very eclectic show, mixes lots of different styles (american burlesque, spanish guitar music and very unusual acrobatics. The singer(s) voice blows you away. You don't need any knowledge of the Japanese language. They just throw in some japanese words once in a while for the audience. It is a very colourful, impressive show! Lots to see and it's funny too. Go there you won't regret it!

The other ''resident'' show at the Disney Resort is probably more adjusted to the Japanese audience and also I don't like the story as much.

Corteo is mindblowing.
by schluempfsche rate this post as useful

reply to this thread