Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Disneyland 2009/12/6 19:52
Hi!

I'm heading to Tokyo with my boyfriend at the start of 2010 and we were thinking of including Tokyo Disneyland in our itinerary. We had a look at the attractions and there only seems to be a handful of appealing rides between Tokyo Disneyland and disneysea (for adults) with the majority of attractions obviously more geared towards children. Tokyo Disneyland seems to have the upperhand over Disneysea with about 4 rides that look like fun.

Considering this, in your experience is it actually worth the trip (and the entry free) to head to Disneyland as a pair of 20-year olds? Also for those that have visited both disneyland and disneysea which did you find more enjoyable? Thanks in advance!

Grace
by Grace (guest)  

... 2009/12/7 08:49
Age does not matter. It depends on the person. Some people hate it to begin with. Others think that it is only for children. But a lot of people in their 30s, 40s and 50s+ love it, including myself.
by Uji rate this post as useful

disneysea 2009/12/7 15:40
It depends on the preference of the person. But if you already went to other Disneylands before, I would suggest you skip the Tokyo Disneyland and just visit Disneysea.
by myst (guest) rate this post as useful

It is okay. 2009/12/8 14:14
Well, I live in Tokyo alsmost 6 months now and went to Disneyland Tokyo last week for the first time with my japanese girlfriend.
Well it's certainly fun and think as a couple it's a good thing, because it can be very romantic.

But at all costs, try to avoid the weekends, national holidays or school holidays. I went there last week and although it was raining the whole day, it was still very crowded.

Well, if I would have gone alone, I would definitively prefer something like Fuji-Q Highland, since it has much more good rides.

by CityHunter1981 rate this post as useful

Maybe Universal for you? 2009/12/21 08:57
Me and my partner went in to both in april and we are both 30 years old. i agree that it depends on the person, we enjoyed both although it rained the whole time we were at Disney sea! I think there were more adult types of rides at Disney sea. But if i was you I would get on the shinkansen and go to Universal Studios, then you won't be disapointed!
by Mikey k rate this post as useful

DisneySea FTW 2009/12/24 09:06
My wife and I went to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in March and loved both.

We felt that DisneySea had the upper hand though due to it's over-the-top attention to detail in theming. Additionally we felt that Disneyland was far too similar to Disneyland in California, with the exception of the ever-so awsome, "Pooh's Honey Hunt."

You can read our review of our two days on our travel log: http://twopiratesinjapan.blogspot.com/2009/04/disneyrandu.html

When we go back to Japan with my sister and her boyfriend in March we plan on hitting up DisneySea again.
by wonderflex rate this post as useful

reply to this thread