Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo during midnight to early hours 2009/12/10 14:07
My flight back from tokyo will be in 9am and i will fly from sapporo to tokyo the day before that. I dont plan to stay in any accomodation but explore around and sleep in flight. Are there anything that is interesting that can be done between 1 am to 6 am?

ANy recommended place in tokyo?
by c0ok1e (guest)  

Tokyo early am 2009/12/11 08:38
Basically it is only places like bars and clubs that will be open at that time, and the trains and subways don't run between about 1 and 5am, so you won't be able to move around much. Otherwise there are 24-hour family restaurants and fast food places and that's about it. You are probably better off just getting some sleep!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Hmm 2009/12/12 07:45
You could go to Shibuya. I guess there will always be something to do around there. Visit a bar or something. Or... wait, this is even better: Go to kabuki-cho in Shinjuku and see the real night life. Get your ears waxed by some beautiful girl (I'm not kidding, this can be done), or just go to some of the entertainment spots. Kabuki-cho is where gambling, entertainment and all kinds of adult services are available. But, I think there will be no train transportation after a certain time? I might be wrong here though.

If you feel tired but don't want to pay for a hotel, visit a manga cafe. You'll have your own little cubicle for about 400 yen per hour, you'll have unlimited free drinks and internet connection, plus a little couch to rest on. I really enjoyed my hours in the comic cafe while resting from sightseeing.

Hope this helps a little.
by Dutchman1 rate this post as useful

ears 2009/12/12 09:02
I think those girls clean the wax out of your ears, not wax them!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

ofcourse 2009/12/13 06:18
you're absolutely right. It does sound strange reading my post back. I had just woken up so forgive me please xD

but anyway, get your ears cleaned in shinjuku, it's gotta be a priceless experience.
by Dutchman1 rate this post as useful

6 am 2009/12/13 07:24
If it's a Fri or Sat, you could hang out with the foreigner/Japanese crowd in Roppongi. Other nights, esp. Sun, it will be dead. Make sure you leave early enough to get to the airport on time.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

nope 2009/12/13 10:16
even shibuya will be dead after about 3am. ever walk the streets of shibuya at 5 or 6am on a friday or saturday or sunday morning? i do it all the time and it's deeaaaaaaaaad.

i would just go to a netcafe or a mcdonalds and hang out there for a few hours. there's a netcafe called gran cyber cafe in shibuya a few minutes from hachiko, it's around 1200yen for an all nighter, try that. they have ps2's or ps3's and decent computers, and very nice recliners or they have cushioned rooms too if you're with a girl.
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2009/12/13 20:24
Some people at Roppongi stay after the last train is gone around midnight or so. Since taxi fare from Roppongi to the suburbs is expensive, they hang out till morning, about 5 a.m. So there should be some people to hang out with.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread