Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

J-Movies taking place in the City. 2010/1/11 14:57
I'm looking for Japanese movies that take place in major, bustling cities like Tokyo or Osaka, etc.

Something like that of the scenes taking place in Japan in the movie "Babel."

More specifically, movies that take place in the 2000's and were filmed in the 2000's.

Also, if possible I'd like to find a good website to use as a portal to find these kinds of movies, even if it just lists movie names.

Even if you can't fill all of the above criteria, please help out if you can think of something to do with just parts of it.

Thanks a ton!
by Delta (guest)  

A 1998 movie 2010/1/12 09:15
Delta,

The first movie that came to my mind is "Fuyajo" which in Japan as a subtitle "Sleepless City" and it was filmed in Kagukicho, the Times Square of Tokyo.

The best website that came to my mind is IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169929/

Jump to keywords and you might find similar movies and locations.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/1/12 14:22
If you read Japanese, or can get someone to help you:

http://loca.ash.jp/

This is a massive database of filming locations for movies, dramas, etc.
Includes photos, production information, and specific scene info.

It breaks down into multiple searchable categories.

It's actually the most impressive information website I've seen in a while.

Google "ロケ地".
Also try Googling "film location Japan"

by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Thanks a bunch! 2010/1/13 00:56
I'll certainly look into "Fuyajo."

I've tried IMDB, with only a little luck, but I'd prefer an exclusive Japanese site, which is great because kyototrans just dropped one.

Thanks to both of you, and if anyone else wants to put their two cents in about a movie they really enjoyed, please do.
by Delta (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread