Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumo tickets via www.buysumotickets.com? 2010/2/7 20:09
Hello,

My family and I want to go to a sumo wrestling match in Nagoya in July. We've got the date and everything sorted out, but we're stuck on getting tickets. The Japanese sumo wrestling organisation only sends tickets to Japanese addresses and does not accept credit/debit. Then we found this site: http://www.buysumotickets.com
It seems ideal for us to get tickets this way, but I would like to know if anyone here has experience with these people? It seems legit, but I guess you can't be too careful.
Thanks in advance!
by Yootje  

... 2010/2/8 02:35
I personally met the person behind the service once. He seemed to be eager to help people to see sumo more than to create a big, profitable business. I think you can trust the service.
by Uji rate this post as useful

very prompt and quite easy 2010/2/11 09:04
I used this service to buy a ticket for sumo in Osaka. The guy I talked to was very prompt and I had absolutely no complaints. Enjoy the matches.
by mike (guest) rate this post as useful

Seats 2010/8/23 09:31
I Also want to use this site.

Which seat type do you recommend?

I'm currently thinking of B seat, the question if it is good enough and if C is also acceptable?

How far they are from the arena?
by vitalyt rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets via www.buysumotickets.com? 2016/2/9 08:55
This isn't a question I just want to provide the trip advisor community with a recent review of this great service for those travelling within Japan.
buysumotickets.com was the most useful service I've ever used. This third party business allows you to pre-order tickets to official sumo events in Japan. You can select date, price range, etc as well as pay online via credit card or paypal. The service is courteous, professional and timely and this is including the fact that i live in a time-zone 14 hours behind Japan. The company managed to get me a pair of tickets to the final (championship day) in Osaka for March 2016. I was initially unsure if I wanted to take my chances on the japanese website and purchase the tickets myself the day they went on sale or go with this third party company. So i researched online and they had Great reviews from several years back. That made me feel confident in my decision to go with them for my sumo purchase and they did not disappoint. There website clearly outlines the process, prices and has a very detailed FAQ section. I was completly informed throughout my purchase and via email with the company every step of the way. I would recommend this to anyone as sumo events sell out incredibly fast, as in minutes. Thank you again Jeff and buysumotickets.com!
by Zsa-Zsa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets via www.buysumotickets.com? 2016/2/16 13:03
buysumotickets.com works quite well. I purchased tickets several years ago. They've been around for quite a while.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+92061

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets via www.buysumotickets.com? 2016/2/25 14:54
I recently brought tickets for Sumo in Osaka for March and I wanted a box seat for 2 persons, as this was not an option on that website I looking into direct purchases online.

Ticket Oosumo English (http://sumo.pia.jp/en/)

I was able to buy my tickets directly and for the day I wanted, however my time zone is very similar to Japan so I was online and waiting when the tickets went on sale to buy at 10am on the day of release.

by lani (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets via www.buysumotickets.com? 2016/2/26 04:25
Two points:
1) Buy direct on the official site - you get the lowest price and the same access as everyone else. Tickets for Nagoya go on sale 19th May.

2) Even trying to buy when the tickets are released can be difficult (I missed out for my preferred day in Osaka), and there are wait lists. buysumo also competes for tickets on the release day. I contacted them last month to see if I could get some via a wait list and they found me some - they are being delivered to my Tokyo address.

Personal experience with the buysumo guys has been positive.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets via www.buysumotickets.com? 2018/5/3 21:28
We used this website to attend a recent Sumo event in Machida. Jeff was very prompt and informative in answering my enquiries and the tickets arrived promptly to my home in rural Spain. I liked the advice of not buying a floor space and opting for a seat as sitting on the floor for 5 or 6 hours would have been uncomfortable and the visibility was better from a raised seat. If I went again I would pre-order the souvenir lunchbox which was very popular and looked delicious! We had a lovely day out. Thank you Jeff - a great service 👍😊
by Janet Sparrow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo tickets via www.buysumotickets.com? 2018/5/4 16:11
@mods This thread has, again, a long word in its title and messes up the forum layout on mobile.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread