Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa electron in Post Office ATM's 2010/2/23 08:11
Will a Visa ELECTRON debit card be accepted at a Post office/7eleven ATM just as the regular VISA card? I asked my bank and said yes...but they did not sound quite sure.

Thanks for your help!
by Mariosempai (guest)  

. 2010/2/23 16:34
I used my Visa Electron at the post office without problems a few months ago.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Good to know 2010/2/26 01:28
I have seen your posts and couldn't contain from asking.
I am going to stay in Tokyo for 4 months and probably will have to withdraw money from ATM with my VISA Electron. If they accept it, do you have any idea about how much will I have to pay for commissions? I know it depends on the bank, but just an orientative number.

Thanks!
by shinichibcn rate this post as useful

. 2010/2/26 21:16
That's right it depends on the bank, so call your bank and see what the charges for international withdrawls and currency exchange might be.

My card is not tied to a bank, but an online account. It charges me like 3us dollars. My bank card charges about 5us dollars. Plus 2-3% on currency conversion.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Visa travel money 2010/2/27 03:12
Well, my bank is now offering me a special card titled "visa travel money" which is suposed to be a prepayed card which does not charge any comission and it is based on USD (my local currency is Mexican peso)...any one of you have had experience with this kind of financial product?
by mariosempai (guest) rate this post as useful

Visa travel card is ok 2010/2/27 18:51
Visa travel card is just like normal Visa Card/Credit card, the different is you pre-load the amount first. So it will works like any other Visa card (you can withdraw money from any ATM with Visa logo on it).
by mhadian rate this post as useful

reply to this thread