Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I bring Kabutomushi back with me? 2010/3/12 15:53
I'm going to be going to Japan for a month in the summer and I was thinking about maybe buying a Kabutomushi as a pet, however I was wondering if you are able to take them back with you to your home country (I'll be returning to Canada). Does anyone know if you are allowed or not or have any more info about this?

Thank you!
by futagoA  

Ask the experts 2010/3/12 16:49
You need to ask the Canadian customs service. Most likely they will have a website with their regulations listed. My guess would be that no, you would need a license to import insects (if it's even possible at all), but it's best to ask the people who make the rules!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/3/12 17:10
Of course not legally. When my son was small, he brought it to CA in his pocket in a small box. It lived for only a few days, though. The problem is the plane is too cold and dry & CA is too dry in the summer. It needs the east coast summer climate, warmth & moisture. He still has it somewhere hidden. Find the plastic toys that look & move just like the real ones (a few different popular species). I gave each one at a later trip.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/13 00:21
Absolutely not!

Do you have any idea of the damage that type of selfish act can have on local ecosystems?

Besides, kabuto are so fragile they wouldn't survive long after being smuggled internationally.

by kyototrans rate this post as useful

reply to this thread