Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese PMS remedies? 2010/4/23 21:15
I tried to find evening primrose oil today in several pharmacies [I used the term 月見草 - tsukimosou - if that's any help at all] but without any luck.

It's pretty important for me to have it or - if I REALLY TRULY HONTOUNIYO can't get it - something else the Japanese use at least.

I'm feeling all bloated and fed-up so any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Many thanks
by selbydate16  

... 2010/4/25 20:13
As far as I know, the active ingredient in evening primrose oil is gamma linolenic acid (GLA), so you might ask if any of the drugstores near you have it under that name... It's "ganma rinoren san." also a chain store (they also have webshop) called DHC sells this supplement as well (some convenience stores and supermarkets carry them too).

In Japan there hasn't been that much research on PMS as there has been in some other countries, so there is no common remedy for PMS.
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2010/4/27 15:12
Thanks, AK. However, could you type the name in Japanese for me as well please in case the shop assistants don't understand my accent?

I'll try DHC after class on Friday as well as Daiso in town and see what I can get.
by selbydate16 rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/28 19:58
"ganma rinoren san" ガンマリノレン酸(γリノレン酸)

This is what the DHC's product package looks like (from their webpage):
http://www.dhc.co.jp/goods/goodsdetail.jsp?gCode=2176
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread