Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Food in Osaka 2010/5/31 01:33
Hi

I am looking for food blogs or food reviews in search for nice food in Osaka. Appreciate your recommendations!
We can eat most type of Japanese food except for sashmi, thank you!
by Apple76  

Bento 2010/5/31 11:12
You may wish to read www.bento.com which lists a variety of places in Osaka.

If you are after a book you may also wish to purchase the "(Not just a) Good Food Guide: Osaka (including Kyoto and Kobe)" which details the different types of foods and also makes recommendations. It is written by Robb Satterwhite who also works for/runs www.bento.com

Enjoy your Okonomiyaki!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

recomemndation 2010/5/31 12:36
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/5/31 13:12
Thanks!

Not looking for books but for some recommendation sites so that I can decide more or less, what to eat when we are there. It seems troublesome but the first time we were there, no plans on meals and turned up every day we are too tired to find nice food and ended up with the not so nice ones. Our 2nd trip are well plan and have mostly great meals and occasionally surprised by the area surrounding the restaurants.
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

. 2010/5/31 22:15
I'm surprised if you find bad food in Kansai, almost everywhere I ate was great. I'm with you on fish, but there are so many other choices. Indian, Thai, Brazilian in Shinsaibashi/Namba is great. Ramen too.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread