Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Monjayaki in Tsukishima 2010/6/25 11:15
Good day,

I'm traveling alone in Tokyo this summer and want to try this food.

1. Are there monjayaki servings for only one person?

2. I don't know the way to cook it by myself. Will the restaurants staff assist for those who don't know?

3. What is the best drink to go along with monjayaki?

Thanks a lot!
by Rom DP  

. 2010/6/26 11:47
Rom DP,

1. Monjayaki is a piece of junky pancake in which you are free to share with your friends or eat all by yourself. And yes, I believe most restaurants accept single customers and I suppose an average adult can eat a whole monjayaki all by him/herself.

2. The restaurant staff can usually assist you upon request. When entering the restaurant, tell them that you don't know how to cook monja and that you can't read Japanese (if you can't). The places that welcome you will be helpful, and the places that aren't helpful will say no to you at that point.

3. Any drink is fine. I just grab a beer.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2010/6/29 12:20
Monjayaki is the only Japanes food I dislike. It's so gross--it looks like puke and tastes worth. If you're not sure what you're taliking about, skip it. There are tons of other great foods to try in Japan.
by tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread