Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The Best Kaisen Don Around 2010/7/5 23:37
Hi guys,

What is your personal recommendation for the best Kaisen Don (seafood don with Uni and all)money can buy in Japan? It can be in Osaka, Kyoto or Tokyo.
by Rio (guest)  

go to Tsukiji Fish Market 2010/7/6 10:50
Tsukiji fish market in my opinion has a great selection of kaisendon and sushi restaurants. but if you want save money and get a pretty good helping of kaisendon, I'd recommend the streets flanking the main fish market. There is a "restaurant"(?) with tons of photos of kaisendon pasted all over the place that give you an excellent variety and price. I ate a salmon, ikura, uni don for 1,000 yen and it was much better and much more filling than the shinbashi place I ate for 650yen. Explore the vicinity of Tsukiji and you might find a better deal.
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/6 11:06
The best I had personally so far was at Kanazawa's Omicho Market (over 20 different types of seafood plus some gold leaf), but I am quite sure that you can find a similarly good one around Tsukiji:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4207.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/7/6 11:35
Thanks guys, sounds great!
by Rio (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread