Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Food in Hakone 2010/7/8 01:24
Hi

I was surfing online and there seems to be very little info about food in Hakone.

I will be staying a Hakone Machi for 1 night. We will go to Hakone Hotel by Lake Ashi to drop of our luggages first and start from there and try all the available mode of transport.

Where should we have lunch? Hakone Machi, Moto Hakone or Togendai? Any restaurants recommendation in particular?

What local snacks should we go try besides the black eggs at Odawakuni?

We should reach Hakone Yumoto around 1700. Should we have dinner at near yumoto station or back at Hakone Machi?Again what restaurants for recommendation?

Thanks
by jeanninefoo78 (guest)  

As far as I've experienced 2010/7/8 14:06
Generally speaking, restaurants in Hakone Yumoto (or Hakone) close early - around 6pm. This is because most people who are staying in Hakone overnight dine at the hotel/ryokan they are staying at.

Where are you starting the "loop" in Hakone anyway? Instead of going to the hotel first to drop off your luggage, what you can do is to ask for "Hakone Carry Service" at Hakone Yumoto station when you get there on day 1. If you drop it off before noon, they will deliver it to your hotel (within Hakone) that same afternoon (at a reasonable charge).

To me, if you are coming to Hakone through Hakone Yumoto, then it makes sense to let the Carry Service take care of your big luggage, then enjoy the train ride up the mountain, cable car, maybe visit a museum along the way, ropeway, stop over at Owakudani for the blackened egg, the cruise ship across the lake, and check in early for a relaxing bath and dinner at your hotel :)
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/9 02:21
Restaurants are available in Yumoto, Goro, Owakudani ropeway station(Mt. Fuji view), Kojiri(just a couple soba), Hakone-Machi port(fast noodle shop as you disembark and main restaurant upstairs) a few outside of the port and around Moto-Hakone port.
You go to Hakone for onsen & Kaiseki dinner at ryokan/hotel.

by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread