Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Food in Koshien area 2010/7/27 19:34
Hi

I will be in Koshien, Hyogo and would like to find out what food/restaurant I should not miss. I will be at Lalaport and don't mind places out of this mall.

Thank you!
by Apple76  

koshien guchi 2010/7/29 20:04
lala port is a not so special shopping mall aimed mainly at teens. if i were you i would hop on a bus to koshienguchi (koshien is hanshin line, koshien guchi is JR). the shopping street though not big has lots of bars and eateries.
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/30 11:46
Hi Rick, can you tell me more eg the bus to Koshienguchi, where to get onboard, when do I alight, is it far from Lalaport, what is the must eat eateries in Koshienguchi(Japanese food)?
We will be at Lalaport Kidzania till 3pm, and rest of day are free to roam. So if u can suggest any nice areas nearby, will be great!

Thank you.
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

around koshien 2010/7/30 16:09
from lala port you turn right on to the main road and head towards the baseball stadium and train station. there is also the bus terminal. of the top of my head i can't remember the number but it will say koshienguchi in english. koshienguchi is only about 10 minutes away but is the end of the route so is very easy. from koshienguchi turn left at the main street in front of you. mitsubishi bank is on the corner. again the street doesn't look so wonderful but there are lots of small eateries. on the right hand side of the road is a cool okonomiyaki which is quite interesting. the boss looks quite scary as he orders the rest of the staff around but he is also quite friendly. there are also bars, including one seemingly run by an ex tigers player. all the shops are small and intimate - a bit too small in my opinion.

the other alternative is to catch the train from koshien and go to amagasaki. it is a much bigger station so has a bit more to see if you just want to walk around. from the station you need to come back a bit (west i guess) and there is a large area of covered shopping arcades.

give me some specific questions or details and i can give you some more info but really you can't walk 5 meters in japan without finding an eatery.
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/30 19:12
I just thought of trying some famous food that might be in the area, no particular cuisine but no sashimi, and not too expensive. If there is any, either in Koshien, Koshienguchi or even Amagasaki, pls let me know. Thank you!
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread