Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ramen shops in tokyo 2010/9/2 14:46
hi guys/gals,

what and where are the best ramen shops you've ever eaten in in tokyo?

i've dined at ippudong at higashi ginza and thought it was fantastic. you could get a complete meal(ramen,rice and gyozas) for 1200 or something along those lines.

Im a real ramen fan and am going to visit tokyo some time in december/ january, so i need to stock up on possible ramen shop visits!

please respond and quick!

regards,
janapang
by janpang  

Wish I could remember names 2010/9/5 02:22
I've had most Ramen around Akihabra, but do not recall any of the shop names. It's just a fun experience all around.
by maxdurango rate this post as useful

One Good Resource 2010/9/5 03:58
Earlier this year the New York Times ran an article on Tokyo's ramen shops. At the end of the article (page 4) are links to a number of good blogs in English. The blogs are written by dedicated ramen fanatics and provide detailed information as well as photos.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/travel/31ramen.html
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2010/9/6 01:44
thanks for the feedback! anyway if you are travelling to tokyo anytime soon, i'd recommend ippudong at higashi ginza, just right in front of one of the station exits.

Its decent and reasonably priced. love the hard boiled egg(soft boiled yolk inside)!
by janpang rate this post as useful

Ramen in Shimbashi... 2010/9/8 08:04
I've had some really good ramen in Shimbashi. I can't remember the name of the place, but it wasn't too far from the JR station. The portions were good and the prices were too. One bowl was 500 yen.
by Urzu 7 rate this post as useful

Shibuya 2010/9/9 00:12
Theres a place called
KYUSHU JANGARA RAMEN
http://www.kyusyujangara.co.jp/
I've been going to the one in Harajyuku for more than 10 years now!
I prefer the Jangara but if you prefer something with a heavier punch the Bonshan is good too!
by Michikusa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread