Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Konnyaku 2010/9/8 11:22
Can konnyaku be eaten straight from the bag or does it have to be cooked first? Thanks!
by MomotaroPeachBoy  

... 2010/9/8 13:55
Konnyaku is a root that is sold at shops in many different processed forms, but never as a root (I beleive). Unless "sashimi konnyaku" (konnyaku to eat raw) is available at your store (and I don't think it usually is), you will likely have to cook it before eating.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tasty 2010/9/9 19:37
Well, my freind has come to Japan and tried this food. She liked its taste very much.
Oh, If only I have chance to try it right now :D
by chokol135 rate this post as useful

Boiled first 2010/9/9 20:40
You should boil it first and then eat it. It comes in a bag and has a very... er, strong smell (kind of fishy in my opinion), and if you don't boil it first, that strong smell will get into whatever you're cooking it with. Yuck!

Source: http://www.justhungry.com/2007/01/konnyaku_and_shirataki_ojftmhy.html
by Maneki_neko (guest) rate this post as useful

raw or cooked 2010/9/10 17:39
I see boiled konnyaku a lot more often than raw and didn't even know you could have it uncooked!

Raw or cooked, I never could enjoy blocks of konnyaku by itself and the texture is what turned me off it.

But, Konnyaku noodles are great and seem to soak up the goodness of whatever you stir-fry them with! (rinse and lightly boil before using, or just drain and throw em in the fryer)
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

don't freeze 2010/9/11 10:18
You have been eating perhaps not knowingly in ice cream, pet food & other slimy or gelatin like foods. It is gluten free and no calorie. It has been known to cleanse your intestine. So try any form you like. Stir frying w/ vege. is great. Don't freeze or it becomes rubber.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread