Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Choosing a suit for a romantic dinner 2010/9/16 05:25
Hi,

I'm planning to take my jgf to a beautifull restaurant and hotel, where a formal dressing code seems to be required).

It's also my wish to be well dressed because she likes that and I like to see her with a beautifull dress.

I found on this forum this website :

http://www.aoki-style.com/item/category/formal.html

I don't know where is the shop because I couldn't find a button to translate in english, but I think that this kind of clothes are apropriated.

Even the first ''ROCHI'' model don't look that bad to me.

I'm requesting your help to know if I'm on the right way. Is it enough/too much ?

I allready own at home a beautifull shinny shuit that I think I can't take for that dinner, because it's too much. I only wear it for wedding.

thanks for your help and advices !

by curcuma  

BBB 2010/9/16 20:50
The suits on that site are more for weddings than anything else.

Aoki is a major chain though so they will have many semi-tailored suits from which you can choose.

There also is the suit company.
http://www.uktsc.com/tsc/info/

And Aoyama
http://www.y-aoyama.jp/

Formal doesn't necessary mean a tie is required so keep an open mind.
There are several types of cuts and lines from which to choose and you probably want to have something that you can wear to other formal occasions or business settings.
Call the restaurant or check online regarding their dress code.

Cheap ready made suits cost less than 10,000 yen while you can get a fully tailored suit for less than 50,000.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

usefull informations ! 2010/9/16 21:14
Thanks for those informations :)

I will have a look.
Yes, I would like to be able to wear it for other occasions such as business meetings.
by curcuma rate this post as useful

Suited.. 2010/9/21 09:11
Look at most politician all around the world...they go to very fancy events yet look so plainly dressed, with identical shapeless suits..

A business suit, especially a double breasted one, always looks good.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Too stuffy 2010/9/21 09:53
What you posted looks like wedding stuff and I don't think the restaurant is THAT fancy is it? check to se if you have to wear a tie and jacket but honestly you can get away with a nice buttoned shirt and tie. Look like a salary men, just go for simple like them but snazz it up a bit. You don't want to look like you're going to prom.
by dendoo (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/21 15:47
I personally prefer single-breasted, 4 button designs!

by kyototrans rate this post as useful

thank you for the advices 2010/9/21 23:26
Hi,

I prefer double breasted ones, and the place I need to go is not a very strict place as wedding ceremony.
When I was in Tokyo, I liked the salary men's black suit.

I can find that kind in france :

http://www.jules.fr/vetement-homme-010600-PID-0451880710/VESTES-COORDO...

The price is really affordable and I usually don't wear the tie. I can use that for my work too.

Do you think that it's ok ?

She will wear a black dress and the event would be a little cruise on Tokyo's bay+ the dinner inside of the boat (yakatabune).

I also want to go to a beautifull hotel. Not a high end one, but more than the average I'm usually using.

thanks for reading

suit 2010/9/22 03:55
It will be fine. At any rate it is the lady that is supposed to be the "star" of the evening..no one look at the guy as long as he wear something "normal" like a suit..
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

@ Monkey 2010/9/22 06:41
Hey !

What you said is so nice !

She will be happy if she feels like she is the star :))

Thank you for that comment.

reply to this thread