Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What did you cook/eat for dinner? 2010/9/24 23:03
Very curious to hear what other people cook. I'm interested not just in what you had for the main dish, but everything from tsukemono to soup to side dishes and even dessert if you had any. Thanks!
by MomotaroPeachBoy  

Mick Jagger 2010/9/25 16:56
In this unusually hot and long summer, almost all I had been cooking every day were stir-fried pork dishes. But yesterday it was so cold I made niku-jaga, also because I went to see a Rolling Stones movie the other day (with Mick Jagger in it). We had assorted (Western style) pickles and, of course, miso soup and rice with it.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

food 2010/9/26 07:52
Breakfast is the main meal here.
In summer we had somen most breakfasts with assorted okazu. Some mornings thai type salads with somen.
It's to cool for somen now, so eating more soba. Last night Thai curry. Tonight yaki udon. I also make a reasonable amount of tomato pasta.

by girltokyo rate this post as useful

- 2010/9/27 21:17
Thank you, very interesting. Anyone else care to share?
by MomotaroPeachBoy rate this post as useful

mabo doufu 2010/9/27 23:46
Mabo doufu (with momen tofu) as main dish and deep-fried eggplants in a vinegar sauce (they don't really taste deep-fried, more like pickled) and deep-fried goya rings (eaten with ketchup) for okazu. Not really a great match but I love mabo/mapo doufu so I think it was C+.
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/28 15:49
Last night I made karaage, pork with bean sprouts, eggplant salad and onigiri. This morning it was katsudon and miso soup.
by Me (guest) rate this post as useful

food 2010/9/29 07:14
yesterday for lunch i had a beef calbi bentou with rice and gyoza, for dinner i made some sandwiches. no breakfast today. for lunch i'm thinking about ramen or possibly soba if it gets warm enough out..!
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

nice dinner 2010/9/30 15:23
I'm quite happy with my dinner yesterday! Renkon kimpira with sliced carrots, a nice simple lettuce/tomato/aburaage salad with goma dressing and a cabbage/chicken butterjoyuu stew. I'm not a fan of cabbage in general but this recipe was great: http://kamekichi.cocolog-nifty.com/sake_to_ryouri/2006/06/post_f241.ht...
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread