Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can same-sex couples go to love hotels? 2010/9/27 01:59
Hi,

A friend of mine wants to come to Japan and was wondering if he and his boyfriend would have problems going to love hotels. Does anyone have any experience with this? Specifically at the ones that aren't all automated, where you actually have to talk to the staff.

Thanks
by Barney (guest)  

same-sex couples 2010/9/27 10:18
Barney,

Most love hotels explicitly prohibit male-male couples, although female-female couples are generally allowed. I suppose the best way round this would be to find somewhere that is automated, or check in advance (via the web etc) to find out if same-sex couples are OK. You would probably have a better chance in somewhere like Shinjuku.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2010/9/28 17:54
both dont have to go together. just one person go and get the room, and the other person go later.

and generally, isnt the window blacked out so that the worker behind the counter doesnt see faces..

so i dont think its all a big deal..
by Reina (guest) rate this post as useful

? 2010/9/28 21:49
Maybe you should try to look around Shinjuku 2-chome, as there are a lot of gay bars and clubs in this area...
by Tatum (guest) rate this post as useful

windows 2010/9/29 07:16
the staff behind the windows can see you, it's a one way frosting/black out.

it's like that to stop underaged girls from being taken into hotels by old guys who are giving them brand goods or cash.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Check this 2010/9/29 10:33
Hey Mate,

Check out:
http://www.utopia-asia.com/japntoky.htm

They can help direct you to the right places.
by tenshinyc rate this post as useful

love hotels 2010/10/1 20:50
In Tokyo, Shinjuku especially, they are mostly checking for underage people. I think it is fine, just check in. If your friends can speak a little Japanese, it would be helpful. Many times the staff refuse foreign customers not because of any other reason than they think maybe the customer does not understand what kind of hotel it is, and what the rules (check in, out,no in and out of the room, etc) are.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread