Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Depachika 2010/10/4 23:11
I just got back from Tokyo and was overwhelmed by the basement food halls in the department stores. Though the food looks so good, they are often cold and I did not see any place where I can sit down and eat. Are the eating areas in other floors and is there somewhere to heat the food?
by Moirae (guest)  

Not really... 2010/10/5 11:31
Depachika's cooked food are more for taking home to eat.
by AK rate this post as useful

Supermarkets 2010/10/5 14:32
AK is correct, the depachikas are more like supermarkets than food halls. People don't usually eat the food they have bought there right after buying it- you'll need to go elsewhere if you want to eat straight away.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Depachika 2010/10/6 04:34
Big department stores have lots of restaurants in the uppermost floors.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

roof or wait 2010/10/6 11:40
Moirae,

The most typical place in a department store where you can eat your own food would be the roof, which is sometimes cozy, but often very dreary. Btw, a lot of the food at department store basements are freshly cooked. You are free to wait for hot food to arrive to the shelves and buy them before they start refridgerating them. Of course, I'm sure you've noticed some simple eat-ins even in the basements.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread