Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mailing Business Gifts 2010/10/9 09:07
I would like to ship a small gift to some business acquaintances in Japan and wanted to ask if this is considered an acceptable way to present a business gift in Japan. I have never met these people face-to-face, however they have been of great assistance to me, and I wanted to show my gratitude. Unfortunately, I likely will not personally be in Japan for quite some time, so it would be difficult for me to present the gift personally.
If mailed gifts are indeed acceptable, does anyone have suggestions for ideal gifts? Perhaps bottles of liquor or wine, or perhaps a box of chocolates? Thank you for any help you can give!
by tkyoguy (guest)  

Why not. 2010/10/13 10:23
tkyoguy,

I do not see anything wrong with giving gifts via mail. The fact that you have yet to meet them makes it more appropriate. Try to keeping in mind that some people feel that they must reciprocate any kindness or gift so consider not making the gifts expensive.

I have sent gifts to business associates, clients and on occasion pen pals via mail and have always received wonderful responses. I have given things like: Sweets, Kentucky Bourbon, Scarves, Hats, books and small pieces of art.

Hope this helps
by tenshinyc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread