Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

earthquake 2010/12/2 17:55
Dear all...
I visit Japan (Tokyo,Hakone,Osaka)on Dec 17th for 10 days.
Is Dec an earthquake season?I mean is the earthquake frequency increasing on Dec?
I see from TV there was an earthquake few days ago hits Tokyo,Is it worst?

Should I reschedule my trip?
Thanks
by liz-73 (guest)  

... 2010/12/2 18:48
In case you are serious, earthquake frequency is not related to the seasons.

I see from TV there was an earthquake few days ago hits Tokyo,Is it worst?

Many people did not even notice it. There was no damage, whatsoever.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/12/2 20:13
I did visit Japan several times and experienced several times a light tremble. Nothing to worry about unless it hits you like several years ago in Kobe. But that chance is very low. I guess you fly to Japan. Well the chances that you get an accident during the flight or in the taxi to/from the airport is higher than the chance of getting hit hard by a earthquake.
Butch
by B. Salger (guest) rate this post as useful

Escape Route 2010/12/2 20:41
quote/the chances that you get an accident during the flight or in the taxi to/from the airport is higher than the chance of getting hit hard by a earthquake./unquote

This is true. Nevertheless I would recommend that you understand the emergency escape route posted in every hotel room, which will be helpful also in case of fire.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

earthquakes not seasonal 2010/12/2 22:09
Tuesday's earthquake didn't "hit" Tokyo, the epicentre was 800km off the coast of Japan near a remote island chain, which didn't suffer any damage either.

While some of my friends commented on it, I was outside walking at the time and didn't even notice it. Nothing even fell over in my apartment- in fact only once in the 12 years I have been in Tokyo has there been an earthquake big enough to knock anything over, and in that case a few of my spice jars fell off the top of the fridge and that was it.

I can confirm that there is no such thing as an "earthquake season". There is no more likely to be an earthquake in December than there is in February or August.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread