Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sweets, jewellery and clothes 2010/12/5 08:51
I would love suggestions on the following:

1. I'm particularly interested in buying western brand Japanese flavoured chocolates. I got hooked with the green tea flavour kit kat a family friend gave us as presents! What other unique flavours do you consider to die for?

2. Best place to buy play jewellery/inexpensive accessories for the younger set in Tokyo and Osaka.

3. I'm still confused on what Japanese size I should be. Should I be looking at the junior or ladies clothing conversion chart? I tend to take clothing sizes about equal to my age in Europe, ie size 14years/164cm. My size is also 14 in the US. From what I found, 155cm = 13-14years and 160cm = 15-16years by Japanese girls clothing standard. Does that seem right?
by Els (guest)  

clothes and size 2010/12/5 10:58
Hi, I see you are using height to measure clothing size, but it is more important to know bone structure, body size and chest/hips size. Mostly chest might be bigger, though I have a bigger size chest for Japan but bone structure is normal here and small for western. I am 160cm tall and when I am studying in US I must shop in girl children's section which is ok since teen girls clothes are so cute which I like. I am not too short for Japan but a little short overseas. It is best to maybe try a clothing size or ask for advise when shopping. Maybe you can go with a friend who can help you decide on size. If you have small bone and body, you will probably fit mainstream ladies' size in Japan if you are 155-160cm. But as I said before, it all depends on what size chest and body. Your height is about normal for a girl in Japan. I find many people taller than me in Japan but some shorter. In the US it feels everyone is taller but my husband likes me to be shorter. I hope you find some nice and cute clothing! ^_^
by umikohime (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread