Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

must eat Sushi resteraunts in Tokyo area 2010/12/9 01:41
I'll be in japan for a week in may and I'll be staying in khaosan ninja hostel. I was wondering if there was some must of sushi places in tokyo cheap and expensive. I was searching through sites/forums and there was so many I didn't know where to start. I would just like recommendations and even other type of resteraunts is good. Also if there is any good places by the place I'm staying that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
by Richard (guest)  

Tsukiji 2010/12/9 11:30
Tsukiji market..all are good
by fmj rate this post as useful

too many is right 2010/12/14 11:54
IMHO, nearly all the kaitenzushi (sushi train) in Ueno/Akihabara are good too and cheaper (high competition). There isn't a lot of difference in freshness since the market is not that far away so you'd probably do just as well there.

If Tsukiji is on your list of sights to see, you can easily kill two birds with one stone by eating sushi there. If you prefer another dish, then the Kaisendon (seafood bowl) places right next to Tsukiji market's entrance (the crowded area where all the people are shopping) are also good and cheap to boot.

CNN posted a story about a Michelin Guide 3 (or was it 4) star sushi place a couple weeks back you can check out if you have the cash.

I might have blogged a couple more on my site if you've time to read. http://metropolitansushi.com/blog
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

umegaoka midori zushi HONKAN 2010/12/14 15:10
UMEGAOKA SUSHI MIDORI HONKAN, 15min from shinjyuku

this is famous sushi restaurant which has many branches in Tokyo, but, main restaurant ,at UMEGAOKA odakyu line, on only Monday, 11:00~21:00 you can eat as much as you want 90min. 3780yen for man. 3150yen for woman.

attention, you must wait long time, but worth to go if you want to eat expensive neta sushi.

http://www.sushinomidori.co.jp/honkan.html
by masako (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/12/14 23:12
Thanks alot for the information and suggestions I initially didn't have much time in Tokyo so I wanted to make best use of my time and eat at the well known places. But things changed andi got mre time now but I'll definitly check out those places. I also was looking to get a Michelin guide to try atleat 1 upscale place.
by Richard (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread