Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teaching with piercings 2010/12/10 08:28
i have one in my nose...would that prevent me from getting a teaching job in japan?if so would that just be in certain places?

this might sound like a crazy thing to ask but one of my friends told me that teachers don't have peircings in japan so i'm not sure but.....

by kianabana  

piercing 2010/12/10 11:57
You would almost certainly be asked to remove the nose piercing to teach in Japan, and going to an interview with the piercing in could make it difficult for you to even get a job at all.

Japan tends to be very conservative as far as appearances go for mainstream jobs- this means no visible piercings at all for men, and only subtle ear piercings with women really acceptable.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2010/12/10 16:17
you should remove your piercing when you are going for an interview and when you teach...Japan is very strict about the appearance and you'll be judged from how you look(hairstyle/appropriate clothes/etc).

Most of the girls when they start the job hunting,if they previously died their hair brown,red,or blonde,will die back of their natural colour (black).

My boyfriend(30 years old,salaryman,japanese)god scolded one time because he didn't shave his face.

But eventhough you are not scolded,your boss or superior will notice and consider it.

But don't worry too much,just cut your hair,shave your face,and remove your piercing.
by desire (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you(i'm a girl btw) 2010/12/10 21:10
What if i use the clear things?would that be a nono too?
by kianabana rate this post as useful

well 2010/12/11 00:50
students are not allowed to have their ear pearced so i guess teachers must set a good example. right? so better not use one.
by jian1312 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread