Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

When/Where to grab a bite? 2011/1/24 13:13
Hi, I'm going to Japan this year. I will land at NRT terminal 2 at afternoon around 2pm then proceed to NE'X to Tokyo Station and from there go to Yaesu Central Exit (underground Mall) and board the bus at 9pm.

For those who know these areas, can you recommend where is the best/easiest place to eat? Like what fastfood chain are there and where?

Also, do you suggest I grab a bite at the airport or just when I arrive in Tokyo? Any particular food chain in mind?

*this might sound silly but when I checked my schedule, I realized I am up against loooonnnggg travelling hours I forget that I should eat or else I'll perish. haha

thanks!
by lastmockingbird  

. 2011/1/24 14:28
There are several eating places on each floor of the Terminal 2.

Terminal 2
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/map/index_t2.html

Restaurants & Shops at Narita Airport
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/shops/rest_shop/

1F: Meiji Parlor, Live Coffee
2F: Cafe de Crie
3F: Asian Cafe Bowl Bowl, Cafe & Bar Avion, Excelsior Caffe, Starbucks Coffee
4F: Sojibou (Japanese styrle restaurant), Sushiden (Sushi), Tentei (Tempura),
Tonkatsu Inaba Wako (deep-fried pork cutlet), Shahoden (Chinese), Chinese Cafe Momo, La Vista, Latoque (Curry),
Cafe Croissant, Mawaru-ganzozushi (Sushi), Sanbei (Japanese noodles), Shiki Shunsai (Tokyo style sushi), UCC Cafe Plaza,
McDonald's, Tako-bon (takoyakai/octopus ball), La Fiesta (Western/Chinese cuisine)
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

yaesu mall? 2011/1/24 14:38
what about food chain in yaesu mall? :P
by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

yaesu mall 2011/1/24 15:27
Yes, there are tons of restaurant options in the mall, but its basically the same types as found at Narita Airport. I would suggest heading to Tokyo Station immediately and sticking your stuff in a locker for a few hours so that you'll be free to eat and explore the area before your bus departs. Don't forget to find a locker outside of the paid area of the station.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

locker? 2011/1/24 15:48
I'm assuming I won't need locker since I will just be carrying one (as planned) backpack since I plan to send my other luggage through Takyuubin.?

locker 2011/1/24 15:52
I see. In that case you're pretty free to eat wherever. See how you feel and remember that its about a 60 mins train ride between from the airport and Tokyo Station.

food! 2011/1/24 17:10
Seriously...just get an Eki-ben (or train bentou). They're fast and easy and filling and cheap and yummy! Each train station usually has it's own special bentou box too. It'll have a good selection of different foods so you can try out a bunch of different things! Just look for the kiosks that sell them!
by Chiisa na Koi no Uta rate this post as useful

bentou 2011/1/24 17:41
I wonder where would it be more convenient. In Tokyo Station or in the Yaesu underground mall?

Ekiben 2011/1/24 17:57
If you are referring to Ekiben, which are mainly meant to be eaten on the train, then I would pick one up at the airport and eat it while on the narita express.

If you wish to pick one up around Tokyo then you will have better luck finding them around the station than at the underground mall. Tokyo Station also has a nice food zone on its lower floors called Gran Sta that you may want to consider eating at. It has a wide variety of take out food and is within the paid area of the station.

etiquette 2011/1/24 18:08
thank you for your advices so far!

But is eating on the train a good idea? I thought the Japanese consider that as disrespectful? In the same way that eating at the streets (except for ice cream etc.) is frowned upon...

eating on trains 2011/1/24 19:06
It is ok on trains (like the NEX) that have forward facing seats with folding trays. Generally this applies to limited express trains, shinkansen, and the green cars of regular trains, but may also apply to other trains as well.

Ramen street 2011/1/25 01:10
Ramen street in Tokyo station is a great place for typical Japanese fastfood and some entertaining shops nearby:

http://www.tokyoeki-1bangai.co.jp/en/
by Nigo (guest) rate this post as useful

Tokyo Stn 2011/1/26 10:31
Tokyo Stn has so many places to eat, most cheap and good including 2 McDonald's outlets and many coffee shops including Starbucks. Don't forget the ramen, tempura, revolving sushi, pork cutlet, curry shops too. As well as an upscale supermarket with upscale bento lunches. You'll find good places inside the gates as well as the underground mall at the high rises connected to the underground passageway on the Marunouchi side.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread