Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 45

1 2 3
next

people like anime? 2004/8/15 11:50
How come lots of people(kids and teenagers) like Anime and Manga? Is it becuase of the good drawings?
by Metronome  

A nice form of art 2004/8/15 18:03
At first i want to appologize for my english, im french canadian.

Anime and Manga is a very particular style of art, its focus on the emotions and creation, thats why the characters usually have big eyes and unrealistic faces, its make it easier to show what your character feel like, the simple style of drawing also make it easier to create your own character personality and look, unlike realistic art every hairstyle and clothing style become possible, yet not all teenagers like this, im a fan of this form of art myself but it is something you like or dislike, some people may find the style annoying especially because of the eyes, in other case they may really enjoy.
Most animes movies and manga books are like cartoons for a more adult public, but there is a lot of thems for kid as well, just think of pokemon, Yu Gi Oh (dont know the exact name), ect...

Thinking of good anime movies Princess Mononoke (in english) is a masterpiece

if you are actually interested in knowing more about anime and manga heres some link... they contain tutorials on how to draw them, galleries of fans and introduce this particullar form of art to people

http://www.bakaneko.com/

http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/

http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/

http://www.koyagi.com/Libguide.html
by Cbear rate this post as useful

Anime 2004/8/16 01:42
Well for one, in Anime stories actually HAPPEN. You watch G.I Joe and you know before you even turn on the TV that Cobra Comander is gonna escape and everything will be just like it was before.

In anime stories progress, chracters grow, develop, die, go evil or insane. Oh did I mention they draw huge boobs on every girl? Try to get young guys NOT to watch it!
by Kieas rate this post as useful

Why I like anime 2004/8/17 21:49
I like watching it for the storylines. A lot of people think 'cartoons = kids' but that's not true. A lot of animes talk about very mature subjects e.g sex, war, violance, etc.
by Eiko82 rate this post as useful

"My Answer." 2004/9/11 05:52
I think that people like anime, because;(1).yes the drawings are great,(2).people who like video games,(like me),alot of the time also like anime,(thats how I got in to it!).I think that there is a connection between the two.Well thats my answer, bye!!!! ^_^
by mia jennings rate this post as useful

... 2004/9/11 08:45
Anime is popular in Japan, as a Japanese, I also watched anime when I was a schoolboy. However, anime is considered childish (manga is not), so most Japanese adults will stop watching anime when they graduate from college. Maybe we are too busy with our job or looking for girlfriends. But, those grownups who continue to watch anime are called otaku. They are very nerdy, and live in their own fantasized world. Isn't that the point? Anime creates a fantasized world for young people, so they can escape their school pressure or homeworks. But adult watching anime is like they are still children and can not adjust to the fact of being a grown up. If you tell a Japanese woman (or any woman) you like anime, be ready to kiss her goodbye (unless she's an anime geek too).
by Yusuke rate this post as useful

Style 2005/7/7 01:26
It's the stylistic framework that hollywood despratley tries to capture in their movies that really makes anime shine, but that is just one of the many things that make it so great :)
by :) rate this post as useful

interesting 2005/7/8 08:44
i've heard about otaku, of course, but your description lifts interesting conclusions. I am 26yo and i'm not afraid to say, yes, i like anime.but no, i'm not a geek. I see a movie from time to time, and i love the way japanese do animation. I don't think they are for kids, one of the latest movies i've seen, Appleseed, is an action-packed movie that would make any hollywood attempt pathetic. And more, with a complex story.
I guess we over here, just having access with such excitant animation from Japan, while there it's everywhere, the view is different. But would you say Grave of The Fireflies is for kids?

I believe that, unlike hollywood animation, anime has a range of different topics and genres that make it likeable for different ages.

But if you say you still watch pokemon or something like that, ok, you're a geek.
by Musashi rate this post as useful

I love anime but........ 2005/7/9 04:45
I love anime (from the ol skool) but it's becoming mediocre as commercial rap in America. That's why I can only read the manga-kas for right now.

Plus I got alot of ideas for manga-ka,
by Kamen Rider (aka Willcopy) rate this post as useful

Anime not for geeks 2005/9/14 18:07
As with everything some people enjoy animations and comics and others do not. But there are so many genres that almost everyone enjoys something.
Contrary to what someone posted here animations and comic books are no different to novels or movies. To say that animations are used as an escape from reality is just being overly critical because what isn't used as an escape from reality? Smoking, movies, novels, alcohol, TV dramas, sitcoms, *insert any hobby here*.
People enjoy all of those things to make life a little more tolerable and to use comics and manga as your drug of choice to "escape from reality" is no different to any other.
Of course some people take it waaaay too far, but for most, enjoying an anime or a comic is no different to enjoying a great novel or movie. Go on a train in Tokyo and see people of all ages reading comics.
by Tannet Dicon rate this post as useful

... 2005/9/15 02:05
Yusuke, Your opinion is too old fashion. You might be over forty .
by Densha-Otoko rate this post as useful

Cowboy Bebop 2005/9/23 05:20
I love anime and I love the show Cowboy Bebop that has got to be the best show ever, I am 15 goin on 16 in oct and i live in USA and I think that anime is awesome especially Cowboy Bebop, Im going to move to Japan and go to college there or i'll take college here in the USA and then move to Japan after college but either way I going to move to Japan after or during college and Im going to live there the rest of my life. Anime is awesome!!!
by Samuel Shepherd rate this post as useful

. 2005/9/23 05:48
have to agree with same, bebop is pretty good. Also rather like the macross series.

I don't know about adults watching anime being classed as childish, but there are alot of business men who read manga on the underground and don't seem to be embarassed about it. I just thought it was a cultural thing, and not like in the west where cartoons generally equal kids.

(look out for the final fantasy VII cgi movie, it looks great)
by doug rate this post as useful

anime 2006/3/18 11:46
anime and manga is generaly directed at adults but im 16 and my friends are the only ones i know that are into anime most people i know dont even know what anime is but i love anime and i dont think that just because your older and you like anime that your a geek anime is awsome untill whatever tv station gets it and completly butchers it so it will be suitable for tv
by becky rate this post as useful

Japanese adults and anime 2006/3/18 12:23
Why would being an adult and watching anime make you a geek and make it hard to get a girlfriend? I don't understand it. I could understand if you are an anime freak who avoids reality, but if you just use it as a temporary release from the stress reality brings there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. The reason the entertainment industry is so big is because people want a temporary escape from the stress of their lives. Books, movies, anime, manga, music, etc. are all ways of escaping the stress of everyday life. Without these vents people would be so uptight that they wouldn't be any fun to be around.

I use anime and music as a temporary escape from life. I'm a college student and I watch anime or listen to music for stress of classes, certain teachers, and life in general. I tend to watch at least an hour of anime a day, some days more, because the animation and storylines help me to vent my stress so that it doesn't become overwhelming. I don't consider myself childish or geeky, but I am very grateful that I got started in on anime. If I hadn't, I would be a big ball of stress and probably too grumpy for people to hang around me. Everyone needs a way to vent stress and it shouldn't matter what that hobby is.

Music doesn't work as an escape from stress as well as it used to because I'm a Music Education major, so I tend to find myself analyzing the music I listen too. It's hard for me to just listen to music like I used to and enjoy it without being critical. I'm always listening to see if everything is in tune and I always catch my self trying to do harmonic analysis's of the songs I listen to. When your hobby (music) becomes your profession, then you have to find a different hobby to vent your stress, and why should choosing anime make the slightest difference?
by Maikeru rate this post as useful

We both love it! 2006/3/20 11:32
Well i would just like to say that i am 19 soon to be 20 and my bf is 21 and we both love anime! He was the one that got me into it in the first place! I don't think that if u watch anime you are a geek and can't get a girl! I will also admit that i am not going to stop watching anime just because i am getting a little older. It is important for everyone to have something that helps them escape the realtiy of everyday life and relax after a stressful day!
by K rate this post as useful

Why mangas are so popular? 2006/3/21 08:38
in all this times i have been leaving i have descoverd lots and lots of cartoon or even japanese manga ,right now im 16 years old and i live in (United kigdom in europe London) but i used to live in Brazil thats my house country,there i have learned different skill,such as drowing mangas specially Dragonball z which is my best manga, i completly love it!i think i will never ever stop thinking of manga knowing that,there are so many of them and i just cant stop thinking i cant wait to see all of them ,which is my biggest dreams ever ,is to go to japan live there for teh rest of my life and get to watch manga every day because where i live my tv programs are completly bad, and i meant it ,my sky is totally hopeless they havent got any good japanese manga which it used to be on channel 621(CNX but by the tine was passing by they decided to change the channel name for TOONAMI which were still good but not good enought, right now they took all the best manga shows off the channel except from ONE PIECE which i think is a fantastic japanese manga and its really funny and thats the only good manga show onn TOONAMi ,before they used to show all the (DRAGONBALL serious, DRAGONBALL Z SERIOUS AND EVEN DRAGONBALL GT but now its all gone and i dont know wht too watch anymore all the manga shows are gone and they have only 1 left which is ONE PIECE,and im not very happy about that because before they used to show about 6 different manga shows on CNX which is TOONAMI, so im just telling you all how i feel but hope you can have a change to read my article lol,and if you wish to talk about japanese manga or even shair answers please here is my email address ITS (FABERCE@HOTMAIL.CO.UK) thank you all so much, and dont forget about anime or even manga its in our vains...8-)
by Fabricio rate this post as useful

girls 2006/4/6 10:35
well its basically because of all the cute girls and of course all thesuspenful drama like in gundam seed that show was amazing but they shouldve killed off ezack instead of nickel man that show totally terrified me and they shouldnt have killed Haku from naruto he was my fave character and it totally freaked me out when i relised he was a guy and sakura is so cute and pretty beautiful sexy hot and so cute while naruto is a freakin idiot and inuyasha is good to mainly because of kagomes big boobs and full metal alchemist kicks butt i like the short guy with the red coat and blond hair who is short LOL LOL LOL
by geek rate this post as useful

COOL 2006/5/26 03:37
i love anime it rocks lots of people do!
by just a girl rate this post as useful

>.< 2006/7/22 06:44
Anime and maga-ka are one of my favorite things in life because it can be complete nonsense or somthing that can tell you lessons while giving you a good story. Alot of people probably like it beacuse well yes it can have some really amazing art , but most importantly it gives you a set of different personalities that you can fall in love with. It can teach you lessons that you often don't see. Anime and Manga-ka is not just for children the stories that they can present can be serious, there are very many shows that deal with real life problems.And most important of all it is an escape of the reality maybe your not soing so well in life just sit back relax and wach somthing that you know would make you happy.
by Kitune rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 45

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread