Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

appropriate to go to onsen with wrist cast? 2011/3/14 02:05
would it be appropriate to go to an onsen with a wrist cast on (of course, waterproof)?
by RealHJ  

... 2011/3/14 08:57
If you keep it out of the water, you will unlikely to be irritate other bathers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

not appropriate 2011/3/14 09:51
i wouldn't like it. i would be wondering what infection you are spreading.
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

agree 2011/3/14 10:03
i don't think i would like it. it's gross to think about whatever is between your skin and the cast coming off in the bath water.

no good.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

ignorant (last resp.) 2011/3/15 07:06
that is just ignorant.

cast is to keep wrist immobilized, there is no and never was any ''infection'' there.

I asked, as many times I've seen people in w bandages/plasters on {not sure if real or just to cover tattoos}.
by RealHJ rate this post as useful

casts 2011/3/15 08:25
I don't know why the poster rick thinks that people with casts have some kind of infection, but I am pretty sure that most people know that casts are usually for fractures or sprains.

Having said that, it is probably better for you to keep the cast out of the water as much as possible- that shouldn't be too hard I'd imagine as onsens are not that deep and all you really do is sit and soak- you can easily rest your cast on the side of the tub.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

not ignorant just no information 2011/3/15 09:33
you know what happened to your wrist but we don't.

did you fall off your motorbike? do you have nice festering open sores as a result?

at best it will be nice and sweaty and dirty around the cast with the skin underneath dirty and flakey.

these will be the thoughts of the people who are sharing your bath water.

but it seems you had made up your mind before you made your post so enjoy the space around you.
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/15 11:38
If it's a removable cast, I would take it off.

If is a full plaster cast, I personally would choose to refrain from going to the onsen.

If you do feel compelled to go, at least wrap your arm up to your elbow in plastic.

by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Hide it 2011/3/16 05:05
Obviously, you'll need to be granted entry with it etc.. but if what you're worried about is people looking at it or thinking bad things about it (i.e. festing etc, lol) then carry a towel draped over your arm like you normally would, but when you get in the onsen, leave your arm resting on the side with the towel still on it..

well, that's what i'd do :D

Good luck
by skellie (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2011/3/16 07:21
thanks

I think other than ignorant gaijin (which I'm not concerned about) it's fine.

and plus cast will be off by time and go and just optional removable splint/support I will just remove then. whew. (just nice to relax in onsen esp. at a time like this)
by RealHJ rate this post as useful

reply to this thread