Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good place to eat Kobe Beef Osaka 2011/5/1 19:58
Hi Everyone,

Ill be traveling to Japan soon, SUPER EXCITED!!

And was hoping to try out some as i heard expensive but oh so worth it kobe beef!

Could anyone please advise on any good places?
dont mind traveling if it just out side of osaka, and maybe advise on price.

THANKS!
by confusion101  

. 2011/5/3 01:09
You could go to Kobe, considering it's next to Osaka.

Be aware it will be very expensive, unless you go for it gyuudon or hamburger style, in which case there won't actually be much of the beef.
by Hmm (guest) rate this post as useful

Worth the cost 2011/5/4 11:37
Another rarer alternatives are less well known with comparable quality are Yonezawa, Mishima or Matsusaka beef.

The price of the dish depends on the location of restaurant's height above ground. Depending on reputation of restaurant, it costs between US$35 (Okinawa)-100 per dish of Kobe tenderloin fillet in Tokyo. Real estate commercial rate is higher at ground floor... and menu prices will be considerable different at ground/first or second floors.

1. The lack of beef smell and richness in its tender rich flavor is worth the cost. Memory of its unbelievable melts-in the mouth without the fatty taste is incomparable (close to Lindt).

2. Kobe beef is highly regulated, strictly controlled breeding but less expensive, yet more marbled tender than loosely-labelled Wagyu beef in Minnesota or Harris Ranch cattle in California,USA.

by Donaldl rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/6 09:02
Rhiga Royal Hotel. Great meal!
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Wakkoku 2011/6/6 12:11
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/japan/kansai/kobe/restaurants/steakhouse/w...

Tried out the place last summer, it's bit hard to find, but if you do manage to locate it, the beef is well worth the price (mine was 10,000ish yen).
by Mikko (guest) rate this post as useful

wakkoko 2011/6/7 14:19
tried 2 times and was sick all night and had to vomit. I don't like kobe meat at all though it should be good it tastes like pure fat to me
by JapanJoe (guest) rate this post as useful

kobe beef 2011/6/9 11:51
tried 2 times and was sick all night and had to vomit. I don't like kobe meat at all though it should be good it tastes like pure fat to me

That sounds like an unfortunate reaction. Kobe beef is intentionally highly fatty, like foie gras, otoro, or even bacon, and like those other fatty foods, its not for everyone especially those who prefer a leaner cut of meat. Dang, now I'm hungry..
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread