Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Battery powered gift under $75 2011/5/4 12:17
I was wondering if anyone knows a good battery operated electronic gift that would be cool to give to Japanese from the U.S. It can be anything from home appliance to cool gadgets under $75. I want something that you can't get in Japan. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks for you help.

by MikeTI  

well 2011/5/4 14:08
universal remote control lol jk, but why would you want to bring an electronic gift, japan is all about this and they would rather have something from your own country that is unique.

if all things fails a watch is under 75 in price but thats about all i can think of.
by Mar044 rate this post as useful

don't 2011/5/5 14:52
yeah, don't bring the japanese, american (made in china) electronics....
by JackJames (guest) rate this post as useful

electronic gifts 2011/5/9 12:20
Not sure if the previous posters were joking or are just unaware, but Japan isn't quite the nexus of all things electronics that people make it out to be. There are plenty of unique electronics that come from the US that would make interesting gifts for Japanese people.

Though due to globalization, most of these things can be bought in Japan these days though at higher prices. For example, in the past I would have suggested ipods and maglights, but these have become pretty common and don't carry the same gift cache that they used to. Roombas are a little outside your price, but they have only recently gained popularity in Japan and cost around 5 times as much here as they do in the US. But with a little more thought, I bet we could help you come up with something interesting and unique to give. Perhaps a little insight on the recipient could help us narrow down the suggestions a bit?

yeah, don't bring the japanese, american (made in china) electronics....

Except that probably the majority of Japanese electronics (especially those priced under $75) are also made in China.
Actually, look around a typical Japanese home and you'll probably be surprised in what you find. I checked around our place and our inlaws and almost everything was made in China or Thailand except for the flat panel tvs. And these were all Japanese name brand items: sony, panasonic, fujitsu, nec, nikon, canon, sanyo, etc.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

, 2011/5/9 12:52
why do i get a quote in my head of the movie Armageddon where the Russian guy telling everyone that all the crap comes from the same place :D

just dont bring fruit or plants with you or customs will quarantine your gift lol

plenty of ipods in japan
by Mar044 rate this post as useful

haha 2011/5/9 13:20
why do i get a quote in my head of the movie Armageddon where the Russian guy telling everyone that all the crap comes from the same place :D

Yea, he wasn't joking. It really all does come from the same place ;)
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread