Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sending flowers to a new mother 2011/7/16 14:29
Our daughter is married to a Japanese man and soon to give birth in Japan. I'd like to send flowers to her in the maternity hospital after the birth. Is this a normal thing to do in Japan? I don't want to send them if they won't allow them in the hospital as tehy are quite expensive to send.
by OceanSkyBeach  

should be fine :) 2011/7/16 19:57
Three months ago I gave birth in a hospital in Tokyo. My dad sent me flowers and my mother and mother-in-law brought me flowers. The nurses brought vases to put the flowers in, so in that hospital at least it wasn't a problem! Go ahead and send them if you like and congratulations on becoming a grandparent in the near future!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Congratulations! 2011/7/17 13:05
OceanSkyBeach,

Yes, it is normal to send flowers to those hospitalized and I've sent a couple last year with no problem, but I do have heard that some hospitals won't allow them in order to avoid germs. So you shouldn't be too dissapointed if it were refused, but at least your daughter and family would probably enjoy your gesture.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread