Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bath Salts 2011/7/20 05:40
Hello!

I was wondering if Japanese people use bath salts during their baths. It's no mystery that Japanese love soaking in a tub, but I wonder if bath salts are okay?

The person receiving the gift lives in the west currently and does not share her bathtub with family. So the water in the tub is only used by her and her alone.

Thanks in advance!
by boonguh  

Oh My, Yes 2011/7/20 10:02
Bath salts are very popular and widely used in Japan. (I always buy half a suitcase full when I go over there.)
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/7/22 10:24
If she lives in the west then I am not sure
what people do here in Japan will be all that useful to you. I'm sure she will have adopted some of the local culture and habits of where she lives rather than being confined to what "Japanese people" do.
In Japan yes bath salts are a common gift.
(I just got some from a Japanese friend a couple of weeks ago). Bubble bath and other things that resemble soap are less common but still available. In Japan some people get twitchy about getting soap in the bath water...especially if the water is shared.
by gilesdesign (guest) rate this post as useful

ty 2011/7/24 04:05
Thanks for the responses!

She is newly arrived to the west. She has been in Japan all her life.

I only ask because I was told some Japanese people re-use the bath water and adding things into the bath is a no-no.

I guess it couldn't hurt to get her the bath salts! I'll add something else too in case she doesn't like it.
by boonguh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread