Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese women and bodybuilding 2011/8/9 02:10
Hello all, a new user here!

So ILm planning to migrate to Japan in 2 or so years. A buddy of mine told me Japanese women are more into LskinnyL men than really buff guys.

The last 2 years ILm into amateur bodybuilding. Now ILm not Ronnie Coleman material but ILm above average regarding my build. I was wondering if I can get an idea here about how Japanese women feel about it, since ILm not planning on stopping these 2 years. DonLt need an exact answer, just the general thought.

Thanks alot!
by Rob den Teuling  

... 2011/8/9 11:30
As long as your heart is bigger than your muscles, you'll be fine.

Funny thing, last year there was an ad campaign for some product focusing on "hoso (skinny) macho" vs "gori (gorilla) macho" - that seemed to demean the bodybuilder type.

But don't worry about generalizations on what people do or don't like. For every woman that likes skinny guys there someone out there that likes a real man (just kidding!)... I know many women that love sumo wrestlers.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

. 2011/8/9 13:31
Rob,

Arnold Schwarzenegger has always been popular, if that's what you're asking. We call him "Shuwa-chan."
by Uco rate this post as useful

:O 2011/8/10 05:07
Haha, thanks!

Yeh, that seems to be the problem, eventhough I look a bit, well, bigger I'm still into cuddling and what not. I'm not some kind of macho-robot without feelings :')
by Rob den Teuling rate this post as useful

O.o 2011/8/10 05:15
oh and Uco, what's with the 'chan'!?

if you find out let me know 2011/8/10 05:51
i heard american white guys with muscle is pretty popular...

but arnold schwarzenegger like? maybe be to big.. i am not sure but if you find out let me know

are you a white guy? how are you going to live in japan?

and let me know how the lady's react to you, i heard its pretty easy picking up japanese girls if your a american
by LeeHale rate this post as useful

. 2011/8/10 06:26
Yeh from what I heard all I need is blonde hair and blue eyes, which I both have. I'm from Europe but it won't be another 2, maybe 3 years untill I go there.

I won't be looking for the sleazy gas panic girls though, would rather have a nice, 'normal' girlfriend

Why not? 2011/8/10 12:26
There r different types of girls, some girls like skinny boys and some little more muscular guys. So u just need to find someone who likes u as u r. Don't worry i am sure someone will love ur muscles:)

Good luck!
by Sushi (guest) rate this post as useful

-chan 2011/8/10 13:07
Rob,

"-chan" is like the "-y" in "Tommy" or "Billy" as opposed to "Tom" or "Bill."

By the way, sumo wresters have the best-looking girlfriends and wives.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/8/10 17:01
@Sushi haha sounds silly, loving my muscles =p but I understand what you mean. Seems it's not all that bad

@Uco ah ok, thanks, didn't know!

No problem 2011/8/10 18:08
Don't worry, u will be okay:)
by Sushi (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/8/11 18:45
Japan is a great place for the niche...there is such a huge diversity of tastes and what people like it is hard to generalise everyone.
I think Japanese men often aim to be more slight yet toned than the big bodybuilder types. However of course you occasionally see someone with huge muscles.
There will no doubt be women who are attracted by big muscles...even if it is a little more rare perhaps that just makes you more special to those women. I wouldn't worry about it.
by gilesdesign (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread