Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

24-Hour Kaikan Club And Arty Farty? 2011/9/9 09:51
Has anyone been to the 24-Hour Kaikan Club in Shinjuku? How was it and how do they treat Gaijin?

Also, I read that the bar Arty Farty is welcoming to Gaijin in Ni-Chome is this true?

Likewise, has anyone gone to The King Of College host club?

by Alex575  

... 2011/9/13 19:11
yeah arty farty is gaijin friendly I guess.
I think it is best to assume everywhere is gaijin friendly (people friendly) until you find out otherwise.
Really I haven't been there for a couple of years but when I went it was small and friendly and fun...it isn't aiming to be cool and sophisticated...think silly and fun, mostly a young crowd (young 20s)...cheap drinks no entrance fee.
I like usagi (4F) it is small but stylish and has a largish balcony with a nice view of the neon streets below. Great wine, and the owner sometimes gives free stuff for you to eat (but never ask for it!..just say thanks if it comes) More of a chill out bar with friends or for the lonely drinker, sometimes interesting people there though.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

24 kaikan and arty farty 2011/9/15 22:48
Been to both.

There are quite a few non Japanese guys at 24, usually they are a bit older (maybe in their 40s). All types of guys go there so you should be able to find someone you like. It is very busy at weekends.

The Japanese guys there are often not interested in NJ so don't pester them, although any time I try to sleep there some Japanese guy will usually try to climb into bed next to me.

The facilities are fairly clean. One bit of advice - be sure to take your own condoms and lube. I think they have them there, but they don't seem to be in any place I've ever needed to use them.

When you go to 24, they'll give you towels and a robe to wear so you don't really need to bring anything of that nature. The staff don't speak English, but there is some English signage.

Arty Farty is quite good fun with not much in the way of attitude. If you're looking to hook up with someone, it is usually easy to find some guy there. Japanese guys are more shy than other asians so it takes more effort to get talking to them. I'd say the crowd is 20s to 30s. Only Friday and Saturday are busy - during the week it is very quiet.

Other places you could try include 'dragon' which is more popular with groups of people, and 'annex' which is basically the same as arty farty (they have the same owner). GB is also popular with some foreign guys, but most of the guys there are older - late 40s and upwards.
by G (guest) rate this post as useful

Great answers! 2011/9/16 08:40
Thanks to the two posters, especially to G. That was very helpful.

Anyone else with suggestions?
by Alex575 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread