Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will a japanese hotel hold my luggage? 2011/9/11 11:25
So here is the scenario. I want to arrive in Tokyo and stay in "hotel A" for one night then leave and go to Kyoto for about 4 days then come back and stay at "hotel A" again for about 5 nights.

My question is do you think "hotel A", in Tokyo, would keep most of my luggage at their hotel while I went to Kyoto with the other half of my luggage. I am worried there won't be enough space on the train, plus it would just be easier.

I know that I should ask the hotel personally but I was just curious, from frequent travelers, if this even sounds like something that the hotels would consider in Japan.

Thanks.
by Redenstein  

... 2011/9/11 17:07
5 nights is quite long, but I have the feeling that a big majority of hotels would gladly store your luggage. Some smaller places might not have the space, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Why So Vague? 2011/9/11 21:01
If you were to disclose the name of this mystery hotel, you might be able to get a reasonably definitive answer here.

Roughly speaking, the more expensive the hotel, the more likely they will hold luggage for you for five days. Also, the larger and more "Western" the hotel, the more likely they are accustomed to such requests. It isn't the kind of thing that Japanese natives would normally ask, but it's not at all uncommon for foreign tourists (especially the kind who travel with multiple suitcases) to have such a need.

If you are staying at a low-cost hotel, you shouldn't count on them saying yes. A lot of these places don't have a luggage storage room. You really had better ask in advance if they will do it.

In a pinch they will help you by making the arrangements for luggage delivery service, but that costs money, of course.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

ask... 2011/9/12 00:42
I would ask the Hotel...not us

But there is a ryoukan low budget hotel i'm going to... that offers that on the homepage!

I talking about : http://www.toukaisou.com/eng_access.html

just look arround!
by Six (guest) rate this post as useful

luggages 2011/9/12 04:52
How much luggage are you carrying? I have a 26" one with wheels and never had problems on the Shinkansen (or on the French high speed trains).
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/9/12 08:37
I didn't post the ''mystery hotel'' as you call it because I haven't booked it yet. Make sense? I am thinking about the Hotel Metropolitan in Ikebukuro. I got the answer I needed from some of you, thanks.
by Redenstein rate this post as useful

reply to this thread