Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo photography equipment rental 2011/9/22 16:57
I'm going to be in Tokyo next month and i'm looking to hire a good tripod for my camera and a nikkor lens. Could anyone recommend anywhere in Tokyo where i could rent out photography equipement that has english speaking staff?
by Hugh from Scotland  

... 2011/9/23 16:08
I'm not sure on rental of equipment but depending on the length of your stay it may be more economical to purchase the tripod and lens secondhand and then re-sell back to the store before you leave (or take with you and keep/sell at home).

What Nikkor lens are you after?

If you do a search on these forums for Fujiya in Nakano or Map Camera in Shinjuku they would be two places I would start with. I don't think either do rentals, they are secondhand stores.

by GC3 rate this post as useful

tripod 2011/9/24 02:58
Thanks for the reply mate.

I actually didn't consider buying and then selling back. Do places like BIC Camera do this sort of thing? I don't really want to take a tripod back home due to weight allowance i will probably have used up on my way home. If i could get a decent 2nd hand tripod that's good and sell it back a few days before i go home that would be ideal.

What kind of Nikkor lens? Eh i don't know to be honest. I've got a few different lenses, but i thought if i came across one that took my fancy i could rent it out and see what it was like.
by Hugh from Scotland rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/25 10:17
Thanks for the reply mate.

No worries!

I actually didn't consider buying and then selling back. Do places like BIC Camera do this sort of thing? I don't really want to take a tripod back home due to weight allowance i will probably have used up on my way home. If i could get a decent 2nd hand tripod that's good and sell it back a few days before i go home that would be ideal.

Bic camera don't as far as I know, but the two places I listed above should. Fujiya have an entire shop that is just tripods. They have five little shops in the one area, they also have a whole section for Nikkor/Nikon gear, it is upstairs from the main shop. I'd recommend a visit to Fujiya even if you don't buy anything!

What kind of Nikkor lens? Eh i don't know to be honest. I've got a few different lenses, but i thought if i came across one that took my fancy i could rent it out and see what it was like.

Cool, there are quite a few to choose from and the prices should be good compared to Scotland. I'm not sure about rental, I'm just talking about purchasing.

Map Camera will answer queries in English so you could contact them and ask them now I guess?
http://www.mapcamera.com/
http://www.mapcamera.com/inq-e.php

by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread