Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suits in Japan 2011/10/11 22:18
I'm going to be looking for a new job soon and my last suit is in no condition to take the next step with me. I've bought a couple very cheap (~6000 yen) skirt suits in Japan but I'm looking for something a little bit better.

I've found advice for suit shops and tailors, but most of them are geared towards men. I'm not terribly concerned about size but I believe I will need some tailoring as I'm fairly curvy. I'm hoping to find a store that can do made-to-measure or has a tailor on-site.

Most recently I've been looking at Aoki's website and will be stopping by there soon. A lot of my Japanese coworkers prefer Marui, but I'm concerned about the tailoring.

I currently have 30,000 yen budgeted, though I have time to save a bit more. Does anyone have information?
by WryRhie  

Re: Suits in Japan 2011/10/12 08:48
http://the-super-suits-store.com/

This shop offers semi-tailored suits for good prices.

However, with your budget, you should consider looking for a personal tailor. That budget is the low end for fully handmade, tailored suits.

The extra money you may spend is so worth it.

Trust me, having a suit made specifically for your body using the fabric and design you select. Knowing you look good really helps you get through the long work days...

We spend 10-15 hours a day in our work clothes. Just like beds, invest money in things you use the most.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Re: Suits in Japan 2011/10/12 14:07
Do you have the names of any tailors or dressmakers in Tokyo/Saitama who would make one at that price?

From what pricing research I've been able to do, bespoke suits started upwards of 50,000 for women. This is out of my price-range right now. Though I do hope to get one in the next couple years.

Thank you for the website, I will check it out.
by WryRhie rate this post as useful

Re: Suits in Japan 2011/10/12 16:23
http://www.perfect-s.com/index.php?label_code=LADIES

This one has a wider range of sizes than the one earlier mentioned - you might be able to mix and match suit jacket and suit skirt of different sizes... I don't think you can find a tailor-made suit for that budget...
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread