Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheaper than Bic & Yodobashi 2011/10/16 05:56
I want to buy a Video camera around Tokyo St. or Akihabara. Do you know any mid-size electronics store with cheaper prices than the big two (BIC C.& Yodobashi)?
by kyon (guest)  

Re: Cheaper than Bic & Yodobashi 2011/10/16 10:14
The biggest of them all, Yamada Denki, might be worth checking out. Their Akihabara store is not good, but around Shimbashi Station, not far from Tokyo Station, they have two buildings. Their biggest store in central Tokyo seems to be in Ikebukuro, where competition with Bic Camera is especially fierce.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Many possibilities 2011/10/16 15:03
kyon,

I think there are a lot of possiblities, and I wouldn't really call them the "big two" either. For example, this is not about cameras, but my local Kojima Denki carries cheaper laptops than my local BIC. But I prefer to shop at BIC, because I have a lot of points from their card. Just for reference, a lot of locals compare prices at kakaku.com, although I usually find cheaper prices by walking around.
http://kakaku.com/
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheaper than Bic & Yodobashi 2011/10/17 11:13
Thank you for your answers.
That website is really helpful, even if I had to translate almost everything to find the location of the cheaper stores.
I think Yamada Denki has the same prices as Yodobashi & Bic Camera.
by kyon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheaper than Bic & Yodobashi 2011/10/17 14:38
akihabara electric town, go into the small shops around the exit opposite from yodobashi akiba. if you don't mind used stuff there are incredible deals on equipment there, but even new stuff is cheaper than yodobashi or bic in most of the smaller shops
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheaper than Bic & Yodobashi 2011/10/18 00:18
If you know what you are looking for try kakaku.com
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheaper than Bic & Yodobashi 2011/10/19 00:02
I always buy at LABI/Yamada-denki at Oimachi, one stop from Shinagawa.It's huge, prices are cheaper than Akihabara and they give you lots of points. If you negotiate you can get around 20% on your point card. They have a tax-refund counter too.
by Nigo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread