Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where to buy lonely planet in tokyo? 2011/10/18 21:50
Hi! Do you know a bookstore that sells the latest editions of lonely planet books in English? One that has low prices will be best :) Thanks!
by controlalt (guest)  

Re: where to buy lonely planet in tokyo? 2011/10/20 07:33
Try Tower Records at Shibuya.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where to buy lonely planet in tokyo? 2011/10/21 08:39
ok, thanks! :)
by ctrlalt rate this post as useful

Re: where to buy lonely planet in tokyo? 2011/10/22 12:56
Kinokinuya book stores? there are 2 in Shinjuku.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where to buy lonely planet in tokyo? 2011/10/22 20:19
thanks! but are these bookstores really updated? it's just amazon japan still doesn't have the 2011 Lonely Planet Japan it's been published like more than a month ago. and I don't want to waste transpo money going to central Tokyo. thanks! :D
by ctrlalt rate this post as useful

Re: where to buy lonely planet in tokyo? 2011/10/23 05:28
Kinokunuya (my previous spelling was likely wrong) is the largest bookstore chain in Japan so they have the latest of everything but not the day they come out..
They also have stores outside Japan. I go to the one in Seattle myself.

Judging by the Lonely Planet on France, England etc. there isn't that much update from one edition to the other.
They might expand or condense some sections but whatever info was wrong several years ago is often still wrong now....

And don't trust too much their info on hotels and restaurants...all the guidebooks in English --for any country--tend to name the same few, year after year...while there are thousands more just as good you can find yourself.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where to buy lonely planet in tokyo? 2011/10/23 06:15
It's Kinokuniya.
by Walkingfool rate this post as useful

reply to this thread