Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Making sense of a mobile number 2011/10/20 17:21
Hi guys
Someone, living in Tokyo, kindly offered me their mobile number askig me to contact them any time I'd like to. I am living in England and there's no way I could get through to her. Could you kindly give me directions as to what the area code might presumably be? And some idea as to how mobile numbers look like, for instance,how many digits, etc.?

If someone asked me my contact number, I would make sure I seperate all the area codes and make my mobile number very clear. This person has just sent me +81804..... And I keep getting the message that the number doesn't exist. Please help me contact the person, thanks.
by bvspj (guest)  

Re: Making sense of a mobile number 2011/10/21 07:50
Try 0081804...

If it does not work, the number is wrong or the person's phone might not be able to accept international calls.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Making sense of a mobile number 2011/10/21 08:48
"81" is the country code for Japan. "+" is a code used when dialing an overseas number from a mobile.
If you are calling from a landline or another phone type that does not use "+," you need to add at the beginning UK's international access code (for all calls outgoing from the UK), which is likely "00" as suggested by Uji.

The rest should be, including "80," 10 digits normally.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Making sense of a mobile number 2011/10/21 13:47
My cousin has a similar number, and it is his plan/handset/carrier or whatever that does not allow him to receive International calls. We have to deal with that by using email: his is an ezweb.jp address
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Making sense of a mobile number 2011/10/30 09:14
Thanks guys. I lost track of this question that I posted. Please forgive me for not having thanked you all earlier.
by bvspj (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread