Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/2 17:04
Are there any bars that will rent out their space for photoshoots? I guess many of them are unused during the morning and afternoon so I was wondering if there are any.
by Saus (guest)  

Re: Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/3 07:35
Don't know if they'd rent it out, but Christon Cafe in Shinjuku might suit. It's in the style of a church, but is dimly lit, has gargoyles, ceiling artwork and chandeliers.
http://flic.kr/p/amuNyK
http://www.ug-gu.co.jp/restaurant/christon/christon.html
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/6 06:45
Judging by the photos this bar is in baroque style (17th century) NOT Gothic (12th to 16th century). Being from Europe I have seen lots of churches and other buildings in both styles.

BUT isn't the OP is talking about the neo-neo Gothic style popular in the past 15 years or so? with kids dressed all in black, lots of studs, lots of white faces, black lipstick and mascara, platform shoes etc.?
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/6 09:32
Sheesh, lighten up. When I think gothic, I think of gargoyles. Gothic Lolita is different. As for specific architectural and design periods, does a modern day club or bar need to fit into such defined categories? Tomayto tomaato.

Re: Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/6 12:21
There is something called knowledge..
What is the point of taking inspiration from a style (music, architecture clothes, food, etc.) if one doesn't bother to respect the basics?

by the way, judging by the photos, they don't have gargoyles in that restaurant but chimeras...look it up in Wikipedia....
A gargoyle is an ornate water spout...always located outside, on a roof..obviously...

Re: Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/6 13:19
I'm not the one taking inspiration from it. I'm just trying to offer assistance to someone, which you haven't actually done by the way. That is the purpose of the forum after all. Good for you and all your wealth of knowledge. I'm naturally impressed.

Re: Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/7 03:06
I'm just gonna jump in real quick, from being Goth myself. Goth is just a term coined by the media at some point because at the time it was getting big goth as in old Europe was the most relate able thing. It's really up to the individual if they wanna take influences towards their style from old Europe goth or really where ever else. Goth the style really is a vague category to some extent.

I'd also not really call that bar shown, goth (of either type) but more of some creepy super christian style thing. I don't know what to call it really.

But ya, just thought you all should know. Have a good day!
by hello... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/7 06:01
"Hello", you got it just right ..in a less intellectually constipated way than I... .

Re: Any gothic bars rented for photoshoots? 2011/11/9 19:14
I guess only the OP can explain what they meant by gothic bars...but as someone who has gone to quite a few nights at the Christon Cafe & upstairs...both Tokyo Decadance and Deca Bar nights, I can say it is certainly frequented quite a bit by goth types with the white faces, stompy boots etc.

(But as I assume they'll be bringing their own models it doesn't really matter that much - just pointing out the goth cred of the place!)
by Leanne (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread