Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Social Network Sites 2011/11/15 16:06
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Japanese social network sites similar to facebook. I've heard of mixi but the only downfall is it requires a Japanese mobile phone number to sign up.

Any info or leads is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
by drab07  

Re: Japan Social Network Sites 2011/11/15 19:36
There is Ameba, though I am not sure if they also require a Japanese mobile phone now...

Also, quite a lot of the Japanese students in my school use Twitter, but it may be more rare amongst older persons...
by Tatum rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Social Network Sites 2011/11/16 05:12
Hello Tatum,

Thank you for the response. Is there a link you can reference? The only thing I found was a virtual social networking "game" where you create characters to interact with others. Unfortunately, this isn't what I am looking for.
by drab07 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Social Network Sites 2011/11/17 03:20
mixi twitter and gree are the main ones
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Social Network Sites 2011/11/17 07:06
Ameba is also a blogging site and has a twitter-like option as well as various communities. It's not bad and you can find a lot of people to talk to in communities. Do be careful of trolls though, had personal experience with them on Ameba... yay D:
The 'game' is Ameba Pigg and just a side thing.

I also second mixi, twitter, and gree. There's also FC2.com, and Excite.co.jp.
by Jade (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread