Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mistake in my name. Will my letters arrive? 2011/12/2 21:56
I'd be grateful if you could help me with something...

I have three names, and of course, they can be written in more than one way in katakana.

And now the problem...I'm waiting for some letters from someone. When I gave my name, I wrote only my family name and another one, because in my country even if you have 10 names, you mainly use two. And I also made a little mistake in my family name.

In short, on my mail box it's written ”ネゴイツァ アレクサンドラ クリスティナ”、and the other person will send the letters to  ”ネゴイタ クリスティナ”

And no, I can't contact that person to tell him I made a mistake. Now I'm afraid my letters won't arrive because of this. Can this happen? Although I wrote the adress perfectly?
by Cristina (guest)  

Re: Mistake in my name. Will my letters arrive? 2011/12/3 23:03
Don't worry, it'll arrive.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Put the name on your mail box 2011/12/4 00:22
Cristina,

All you have to do is to paste a piece of paper saying ネゴイタ クリスティナ on your mail box, right next to where it says ネゴイツァ アレクサンドラ クリスティナ. The postman will deliver mail with either name on it. I've done it before.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mistake in my name. Will my letters arrive? 2011/12/4 00:48
I've thought of that but I live in a dorm and I have to ask permission first I guess...and I really don't know how to explain all this as my japanese is not the best :(
by Cristina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mistake in my name. Will my letters arrive? 2011/12/5 01:36
Just make the name plate, show it to whoever is in charge and ask, "Yuubin-uke ni hattemo iidesuka? (May I put this on my mail box?)"

I see no reason you can't, but if they say no, you can say, "Kono namae de tegami ga kurukamo shirenain desu. (A letter might arrive by this name.)"
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread