Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can I buy meat pies in Japan 2004/9/4 05:05
can I buy meat pies in Japan
by Penny  

. 2004/9/5 05:39
Available in many bakeries.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Meat pies 2004/9/5 11:28
It depends on what sort of "meat pie" you are after...
I don't recall ever seeing English-style meat pies in Japan, but what they like to call "pot pies" are fairly common. These are pies containing stew in a card or plastic container with a puff pastry top.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Jerry's Pies, Kyoto 2007/12/4 02:00
Try Jerry's Pies in Kyoto for British-style sweet and savory pies: xxxx@hotmail.com/ phone/fax 075-862-3321
by Gerry O'Donnell rate this post as useful

Yes, a British pie shop in Kyoto 2008/1/21 09:46
I have a small pie shop in Kyoto. Email me for more information or check out my web page, currently under construction. Also check the food page of the Japan Times Jan 25. My shop gets a mention in an article on where to find British food in Japan.

Kyoto where? 2008/1/21 11:59
Hi Gerry,

Where is your shop located mate?

Cheers
by Nikay rate this post as useful

pies 2008/1/21 12:27
I very much doubt that you will find Aussie style meat pies anywhere... even the Aussie restaurant in Yokohama does make the real thing!!!
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Aussie restaurants ? 2008/1/21 21:02
Hello, I have been craving a good meat pie since my move to Yokosuka 2 years ago! ... actually any Aussie restaurant-style fare would be Heaven sent right now and I wish to ask Sandy for moe information on this Aussie restaurant in Yokohama mentioned ?
Is the food served there good ?

I would appreciate an e-mail or thread reply with the details of this restaurant please :)

Getting a bit tired of the TGIF's and other same American restaurants for a western-style meal out.

Cheers.
by Ronnii rate this post as useful

oops 2008/1/21 21:04
Sorry, here is my e-mail address -
mrs.r.monroe@gmail.com

Thanks!
by Ronnii rate this post as useful

Pies 2008/1/22 11:17
In Osaka try JOZ PIES. email address: jozpie@azad.co.jp 300 yen a pie, min. order 10, 3 flavours: beef,beef&curry,chicken
by dunit rate this post as useful

Aussie 2008/1/22 12:34
Ronnii,
Catch the Negishi line from Ofuna to Ishikawacho. Get out at the south end of the platform, and the side ticket gates to the back of the station. Turn left and about 30-40m on the left is the "Aussie" restaurant.

The food is quite good, but not that cheap. Their pies are only ok. The kangaroo is nice. They have crocodile, and a variety of other food.

Incidentally, if you go to the NEW "OK" supermarket next to "Homes"(a few blocks from the eastern end of Motomachi), you can get nice frozen lamb shanks, and whole racks of lamb for about 1000 yen!!!!!
by Sandy rate this post as useful

British-style Pies in Kyoto 2008/2/26 06:08
Jerry's Pies is a few minutes walk from Saga-Arashiyama JR station. Head west from the station then north over the tracks. You'll find it on the left next to a women's accessory shop called Hideaway. Ask anyone.
Check www.jerryspies.com

Good meat pies in Japan! 2010/1/29 15:12
www.jerryspies.com

Mostly Japanese text on this website... English bloke based in Kyoto does these pies... pretty good! You can order online through his site - might need the help of a Japanese friend though :-)
by JB (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread