Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lipton Tea? 2012/1/4 19:26
Hello all,

Heading to Tokyo this year (YAY!) and the mother in-law wanted to enquire about Lipton Black Tea bags, it's the only tea she drinks and it helps with her fluid (? *shrugs*) so was wondering if it's easily bought over there.

I was in Kyoto/Osaka last year but cannot remember if we ever saw Lipton on the shelves in shops!

Also, would she have any issues bringing an unopened packet of the tea into Japan with her luggage? I wouldn't think so, and will check with the official website, but was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their heads?

Thanks so much! It's hard keeping the Mother in-law happy! ;)
by Imperfect  

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/4 22:55
Of course, Lipton is very popular black tea in Japan.
I think you can buy in many supermarkets.
http://www.lipton.jp/product/tea_bag/yellow_label/index.html
And I saw a Lipton cafe in Kyoto last summer.
http://www.fukunaga-tf.com/lipton/

Umm...in passing, I'll be looking for Lipton tea-bags in Tokyo next weekend.
By the way, this time I leaned that "black tea" in English is "KOU-CHA" in Japanese means "red tea"...
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/5 00:19
Lipton tea is everywhere and you won't have a problem finding it (or a similar version of orange pekoe) in most supermarkets.

In fact, Kyoto has one or more Lipton restaurant/cafes.

by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/5 14:23
Thanks =) Will make the Mother In Law very happy to hear that. I was sure it would be sold, but couldn't be 100% that I did see it while over there.
by Imperfect rate this post as useful

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/6 11:05
Maybe she'd like to try out matcha green tea as well. You can get it anywhere (free in most sushi train restaurants). It's usually soluable green powder, and sometimes it's a bag.

I've heard that matcha green tea very good for lots of bodily functions, I wouldn't be surpized if fluidal control (how about that) is one of them.
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/7 23:49
report for the present.

I found the Lipton yellow-labeled tea-bags.
But today, there is only in a supermarket in Kagurazaka.
http://g.co/maps/yhmcu

I visited in Akasaka near Roppongi to visit some shrines for the HatsuMoude (new-year's prayer).
So in passing, I looked for Lipton tea-bags.
But I couldn't find it in the convenience stores such as seven-eleven, firmily-mart and lawson.
And there was only Lipton "apple-flavor" tea-bags in maruetsu-petit the supermarket.

I think there is in the depa-chika (basement of the department stores where foodstuffs are sold) and some supermarkets such as ItoYokaDo, SeiYu, Ion, Life and Summit. But I'm unsure.
When I have a chance to visit in Ginza and so on, I'll look for Lipton's again.

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/8 08:13
Thanks so much Ajapaneseboy! Might be a bit of a hit and miss thing then? I think I might get her to take a pack with her just in case we have a hard time finding some (a cranky mother in-law is not something I want to deal with!).

And will give it a go Thany =) We do want her to try lots of different green teas (we love them and part of the reason for the trip is to show her what we love!) but as she is a very typical westerner in her tastes we want to have a backup plan.

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/9 02:10
It's good to bring tea-bags if it's not bulky, because it may be wasteful to spend time on purpose to buy them.

Today I visited 3 supermarkets in the residential district of Tokyo on the east side of the Sumida-gawa river. (There is the area under Tokyo Sky-Tree the world tallest tower.)
There were Lipton's yellow-labeled tea-bags in the supermarkets "ItoYokaDo", "Life" and "Summit".
Okay, we can get Lipton's at the supermarkets, not the convenience stores.
But there is not in the central Tokyo.

By the way, where will you stay/visit in Tokyo?
I and my girlfriend love walking in Tokyo,
and had curiosity to know where is Lipton's (She wondered "Where did Lipton's in my home come from?").
So it may be efficient if you point some place. Although I can't promise to visit there surely.

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/13 14:40
Thanks so much again Ajapaneseboy. We'll probably end up bringing them with us but it's great to know that they are in the supermarkets. We went to the supermarkets quite regularly last time we were in Japan because the drinks were a lot cheaper!

We'll actually (hopefully) be staying in the Asakusa area. As close to the train/subway as we can get =)

Re: Lipton Tea? 2012/1/16 01:43
For our curiosity, I and my girlfriend looked for Lipton's in Asakusa.

The Liston's were sold at 2 supermarkets and 1 department store
near Tsukuba eXpress (TX) station in Asakusa.

1. at LIFE adjoined Asakusa View Hotel.
2. at SANPEI-store opposite ROX.
3. at basement of Asakusa ROX.
I can recommend the second floor of LIFE !

But near Tobu station.
There was only tiny darjeeling tea-bags of Lipton at basement of MatsuYa the department store. I can't recommend there, because it's very difficult to understand.

And in front of KaminariMon at Senso-ji.
Ozeki the supermarket were under remodeling, so I'm unsure.

Next time, we want to try the department stores in Giza. But they close early...

reply to this thread