Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cosplaying at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2012/2/18 16:03
My friend and I are going to be in Japan for the Tokyo International Anime Fair. We were just wondering are you allowed/is it acceptable to cosplay at the fair. We have cosplayed at other conventions before, and we are curious as to whether it is acceptable to do so at this one. Or outfits are not overly revealing, but we just want to make sure.
by Kelly (guest)  

Re: Cosplaying at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2012/2/18 19:01
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cosplaying at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2012/2/19 06:40
Did you read the FAQ section of that website?

Q: Is shooting permitted at the event venue?
A. Please ask the staff before you shoot. Then please follow the instruction of the staff.

Must be the only Anime Fair in the world where they allow shooting! I better bring my flak jacket.
by Stewy63 rate this post as useful

Re: Cosplaying at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2012/2/23 07:32
no i dont think so but outside thefair i bet there will be alot of cosplayers .hope this helps cu there
by sskev247 rate this post as useful

Re: Cosplaying at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2012/3/4 13:19
If you want to cosplay, search for a convention where cosplaying is allowed. Like Comiket. However, the rules are usually strict and you usually pay a registration fee and get changed on-site. North American Anime fairs tend to be all jumbled up into one theme, so cosplaying is permitted. But Japanese ones are diverse, the TAF and TGS are serious, industry-focused conventions, with an element of publicity.
by Gov (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cosplaying at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2012/3/12 12:16
Is cosplay permitted at TAF on the Public Day?

No. Cosplay is not permitted at TAF regardless of Business Day or Public Day.

^
Copied and pasted from the FAQ
by Eramsey567 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cosplaying at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2013/3/22 10:37
Yes it is however you must not come in costume (changing area at the Con) and you must stay in the cosplay area.
http://www.tokyoanime.jp/en/visitor/cosplay/
by kengo19 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread