Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Hotel Breakfast Buffets 2012/4/2 08:42
I am thinking of indulging in a high-end hotel breakfast buffet the next time I am in Tokyo. I'm leaning toward the Mandarin Oriental (K'shiki restaurant) for a number of reasons (including the location and the view), but I would consider someplace else.

Can anyone comment on the quality and variety of K'shiki's breakfast spread? What are other people's favorite places? (I mean, specifically in this category, not breakfast in general.)

This will likely be one of my only restaurant splurges on my next trip, and I am not trying to do it on the cheap, but I would like to get my money's worth. I will be going on a weekday and fairly early, so I'm not looking for weekend brunch input. (Although if anybody has any, I could file it away for some other trip.)
by Uma (guest)  

Re: Tokyo Hotel Breakfast Buffets 2012/4/3 03:06
You can have a everyday cheap but great buffet bf at Hotel Grand Hill at Ichgaya.
http://www.ghi.gr.jp/restaurant/salvia.html
Just 1,050yen and has varieties of Japanese & western foods.
It is the self defense force designated hotel and has a wedding chapel in the property.
If I am in the vicinity again, I would stay there & have free bf included. Yasukuni shrine/the palace are within a walking distance from there.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Hotel Breakfast Buffets 2012/4/3 09:50
Thanks, amazinga. "Cheap but great" is what I'm usually looking for most of the time, so I'll keep your suggestion in mind for future reference.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Hotel Breakfast Buffets 2012/4/4 11:46
Shinagawa Prince has a 2000Y buffet; no view, and a bit cafeteria like in atmosphere, but loads of amazing food: we indulge at least once every trip, and dont need lunch that day!!
4 or 5 different cuisines: Japanese, westerm chinese, taiwanese, indian from memory, with unlimited coffee and juices.
Enjoy!
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Hotel Breakfast Buffets 2012/4/4 20:59
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still leaning toward splashing out and going for a fabulous view and details like fresh-squeezed juice, but I like knowing about particularly good places in all price ranges. (Paying more does not necessarily guarantee satisfaction.)
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread