Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spicy food in Tokyo 2012/4/12 20:36
Hi there,

I'm an European living in Tokyo area and I love such spicy food that makes my tongue burning.

Well, often when I go to eat out, and my Japanese companions are saying "that food is so spicy".... Well, then I taste it and it is so mild what I expected.

So, if anyone knows any restaurant in Tokyo that offers the inchiban spciest food... that makes to sweat, feeling there is fire in your mouth and nose... please tell me!

Any spicy food is ok, but mexican and chili is preferred.

thanks.
by karvainen apina  

Re: Spicy food in Tokyo 2012/4/13 14:00
I agree. Hot spicy food is not a traditional Japanese food.
Perhaps if you ask at Mexican restaurant, they might give you extra jalapeno. Or take some dried hot chili pepper with you.
Some Thai & Chinese foods are hot, if you know what to order or have them make extra hot.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spicy food in Tokyo 2012/4/13 14:04
by ryo2jokerz rate this post as useful

Re: Spicy food in Tokyo 2012/4/13 14:14
http://www.secret-japan.com/forum/takadanobaba-restaurants-asian-food-...

If you scroll down to Boss Thai, their papaya salad is seriously hot.

http://r.gnavi.co.jp/g314411/

This is good Sichuan Chinese with plenty of punch. There are always lots of Chinese people in here.
by girltokyo rate this post as useful

Re: Spicy food in Tokyo 2012/4/14 23:47
Shin Okubo..just about any Korean restaurant there will have some super spicy Korean food.

Basically Japanese food is not spicy but there are a few exceptions.

Wasabi is of course spicy but not in the chili pepper spicy sense.

But there are many ramen restaurants that offer extremely spicy versions of their ramen. Check around Ikebukuro's east exit for some ramen shops like this.

by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spicy food in Tokyo 2012/4/15 00:55
I found a decent indian restaurant down one of the streets in Shibuya... wasnt exceptionally spicy but was nice. They do seem to tone the curries down a bit for the japanese pallet
by stu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spicy food in Tokyo 2012/4/15 01:08
I am a spicy food fan live in Tokyo. Since the worldwide cuisine is eaten in Tokyo, the variation of a spicy food is large.
Categories of "delicious""popular"and "hot" in Tokyo are as follows.My best restaurant is also written together.
1.Szechwan Cuisine (China):Senko-En (Shinjuku Kabuki-cho),Chi-in Syokudo (Ikebukuro)
2.Hunan Cuisine(China):Konan Hanten (Shinjuku)
3.India Cuisine:TAAL(Ikebukuro),Himalaya (Kawasaki Kanagawa)
4.Korean Cuisine:Ko-chan (Okubo)
5.Thai Cuisine:Keawjai Thai Restaurant (Meguro)
6."Spicy Stage"Curry Specialty Store (Japan):Robinson Crusoe(Shinagawa),CoCo Ichiban-Ya(Anywhere)
7.Gekikara-Ramen(Japan):Soryu-Togyokudo (Roppongi)
8.Cambodia Cuisine:AngkorWat(Yoyogi)
9.Yanbian Cuisine(China);Kin-Tatsu-Rai (Okubo)
10.Mexican Cuisine:Fonda de la Madrugada (Harajuku)
by KOBU (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spicy food in Tokyo 2012/4/15 18:21
I don't know about the others, but Keawjai in Meguro is gone, and Angkor Wat has been closed for years.
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread